Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
Its on the standard 18's and I feel like a Thunderbird for the majority of my travels

lol - cheers

I was missing my MB6 today- half decided tonight to just pay the £500 get it through the MOT and use it for another 4 months or so - whilst I see what else comes up for sale that takes my fancy

Soldato
To be fair I'm making it out to be a bit worse than it is but when people say its harsh and crashy they arent lying and to be honest I cant gather why its like that as its not like its the best handling car of all time either, mine does have ditch finders on it though

Soldato
2800 for a 2002 is a good offer I guess, they're dropping like mad at the moment, I don't think I'd get much, if anything at all, over 4k for my 54 plate now and I paid 5250 in Oct 11 and spent 3k on it.

I would probably get it gone and get a banger as typically you'd sit on it a bit and not sell it then regret it big stylee.

Got a new hub for mine after the drama mentioned previously.

New hub is twisted. Just awesome. Shame that bit wasn't noticed before fitting a new wheel bearing and ball joint to it and then fitting it to the car! lol

And this is why I NEVER buy second hand parts. But after xmas etc I had to take the gamble, brand new Honda would be loadsa moneh.

Be nice get it back this year..

Soldato
New hub is twisted. Just awesome. Shame that bit wasn't noticed before fitting a new wheel bearing and ball joint to it and then fitting it to the car! lol

And this is why I NEVER buy second hand parts. But after xmas etc I had to take the gamble, brand new Honda would be loadsa moneh.

A bent upright is unusual tbh, so you have been unlucky there. I would guess it's come from a car that's been involved in a pretty bad smash.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
terrible news stormster, hope you can get it resolved quickly. is your car out of action at the moment then?

quick question for you mate, i know youre lowered on eibach springs, but which ones did you go for and what is the drop on them?

Soldato
The "new" hub was sort of twisted, so loads of toe in (i think! lol), here's a pic, see if you can spot it. Got garage to source the next one which is on it's way, I was rushing due to needing the car, new year being in the way etc, but I should have simply insisted they source the parts I need from the off and made do without a car, but they lent me one anyway in the end.

hub.JPG

Yeah car still off the road. I've had the misfortune of driving a 1.2 X reg Punto on it's last legs around for the last week and 300 odd miles. Fun! lol.

I have Eibach Sportlines, about 45mm front, 35mm back, if you get some get new shocks thats my advice. My fronts are quickly dying.

The back rides bumps fine but the front struggles with small grids sunk into the road and stuff like that, bit tiresome having to dodge them, wish I'd have just had ABP 30mm to keep the front that bit higher.

OcUK Staff
The "new" hub was sort of twisted, so loads of toe in (i think! lol), here's a pic, see if you can spot it. Got garage to source the next one which is on it's way, I was rushing due to needing the car, new year being in the way etc, but I should have simply insisted they source the parts I need from the off and made do without a car, but they lent me one anyway in the end.

hub.JPG

Yeah car still off the road. I've had the misfortune of driving a 1.2 X reg Punto on it's last legs around for the last week and 300 odd miles. Fun! lol.

I have Eibach Sportlines, about 45mm front, 35mm back, if you get some get new shocks thats my advice. My fronts are quickly dying.

The back rides bumps fine but the front struggles with small grids sunk into the road and stuff like that, bit tiresome having to dodge them, wish I'd have just had ABP 30mm to keep the front that bit higher.

This is standard!
If you lower a car using only springs, your making your shocks do a lot more work, this results in them lasting a lot less.

OEM shocks are designed to work with OEM springs, change the springs for lower ones your OEM shocks have to work a lot harder and hence the failure.

Generally its a bad idea to change only springs on a car due to such reasons, the other being handling generally as normally shocks and springs are tuned to work together.

It same on Porsche, some guys lower them using just springs, then 2000 miles later, the shocks are ruined.

Soldato
I thought Progressive springs got around this by not having as much "play" in them as a Linear spring, correct me if I'm wrong as I've not read into it for many years but I also know of countless people who have used eibach/H&R etc on standard shocks with no issue, some manufacturers even supply them as an upgrade for example the MPS Aero

Then again I've heard of a few shocks being blown in the past due to aftermarket springs but definitely a lot less than the ones who havent had problems

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom