Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
was it a year or 6 months you were suspended for Tauren?

i take it you just ended up keeping your civic?

it was a year. but its flown by :) applying for my license at the end of this month.

and yep i kept the civic, my dad has been driving it for the past year. :rolleyes: :p

ahhhh im like a child at xmas :D

Soldato
This is standard!
If you lower a car using only springs, your making your shocks do a lot more work, this results in them lasting a lot less.

OEM shocks are designed to work with OEM springs, change the springs for lower ones your OEM shocks have to work a lot harder and hence the failure.

Generally its a bad idea to change only springs on a car due to such reasons, the other being handling generally as normally shocks and springs are tuned to work together.

It same on Porsche, some guys lower them using just springs, then 2000 miles later, the shocks are ruined.

This was a replacement hub I bought as my original one cracked where the ball joint sat dude, so it wasn't bent whilst on my car :) Just fitted it to notice it was twisted. EDIT if you're on about good practise to use new shocks/uprated shocks, of course I agree but to get my car lowered as it was with the springs, camber stuff, caster increase polybushes, fast road setup and labour was £750, couldn't afford shocks too.

Hub number 3 and ball joint number 3 now fitted and it's driving lovely once again :) Now I've mastered the clutch and heavy steering after blasting around in a Punto! lol.

Andrew your FN2 is looking awesome now!

EDIT: I run Shell Helix Ultra 5w/40 in my EP3 now, used to use Fuchs Titan Pro S then tried the Supersyn stuff to save cash.

The car
1) uses less oil running the shell stuff
2) has much cleaner oil over time when I check it!
3) makes the engine a LOT quieter!!!

Give it a go :)

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
What oil are people here using in their FN2s? Seems debate about 0w30 and 5w40....? And there doesn't seem much of a consensus at civinfo! :)

i use Silkolene/Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 5w-40. regularly on offer at opie.
always recomended by their rep on TRO

exciting times, had my stuff all arrive now

DS2500 pads front and rear, Hel Braided lines, RBF600 Fluid.
getting this lot fitted next week, should provide ample stopping power for the upcoming track day i have booked
20130110_181832.jpg

20130110_181510.jpg

my LSD arrived also, upon recommendation from the guys who do all my work, i spoke to a company in Stoke called Elite Transmissions who are apparantly one of the best places to get gearbox work done in the midlands. dropped by their stand at Autosport International today and was greeted by a guy who happen to know who is sorting me out decent pricing on the labour charge. so that turned out well :D

Soldato
Didnt know Elite were in Stoke, that's worth knowing....be interested to see how much they charge to fit your diff rjk! When I get my fn2 (soon! ) I'll be after a diff I think...

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Yeah man, bout a mile away from my house. On the stand today, walked on and the guy who lowered one of my old cars was there, had a big chat and talked about it like it was an easy job.
I'm sure he plans on sorting me out with a better than usual price but if I can get it fitted for closer to 300,I will be happy.

Soldato
Got my Mugen bookshelf on now:

je4y7e6u.jpg

ryvu2yze.jpg

8376594686_5b36112574.jpg

The rear is finished looks wise, front still needs Mugen grill and front lip, and possibly fenders, also got my front fog scoops to fit. Won't take long to get it all done anyway.
I'm not really a wheels man but thought about getting OEM alloys done gloss black as there will be a fair bit of gloss black on the car by the end.

Soldato
Hondas fixed price repairs - do they cover cars before 2001 ?

text says any age of Honda - just excludes NSX and S2000

but when you select car type etc earliest is 2001

just £530 odd seems cheap for a clutch replacement ? I was quoted 650 from Honda a few years back just for the part for my 98 VTI ?

Soldato
Dat prelude, I would have that.

I'm still on the lookout for a Type-S, nothing is coming up as a decent buy, either overly priced, or cheap, but the bodywork is shoddy, drive etc..

So that leads me to something else. I would like an ATR, yes it will be difficult to find an immaculate one though I just want one for the vtec experience before I go...sensible.

Chris any more info on these, I've seen yours for sale although you're keeping it till end of Feb?

I'm still waiting for my car to sell, though haven't had much luck.

Back
Top Bottom