Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
Also consider if you meet people as part of your job. Turning up in the bread van (Ep3) would pretty much kill any deal right away. Unless you're McDonald's regional manager in which case it's expected ;)

TBH you should totally just watch Jeremy Clarksons review because his opinion is the only one that counts.

Soldato
So Cam Cover gasket/cam seal/O Rings - may as well/new oil sump

Anything else? lingshondaparts right? How long do they usually take to dispatch?

I've never used Lings due to delivery charges. I locate the part number on Lings then order them from my local dealer which is 5 mins from where I live.

I'd buy a high end EP3 and retrofit cruise control and get a better head unit.

FN2 is fail

Cruise control goes against everything Type R. Putting it in an EP3 would be as much fail as an FN2. Get a Type-S:p

Soldato
Cheers guys.

I was angling more towards the EP3 anyway as I've wanted one since my father got one when they were first released and I loved going out in it so it’s always been a car I’ve wanted to own at some stage. I did also start by looking at DC5's but I can't really justify the silly insurance costs on one for what you get over the EP3 except the 'exclusivity' which is shame as it’s a lovely looking car imo. I’ll be fine with the EP3 on longer journeys (not that I make too many of the besides runs out) as my current Mini has a rather stiff and crashy ride to it anyway and the interior on it is full of rattles too due to this. My previous cars have also been Japanese so I’m used to what they consider to be acceptable with their materials and build quality.

The FN2 is a nice car but if I would prefer the FD2 over it and I can’t make my budget stretch to that but I could a nice FN2. it’s annoying how they keep the nicer cars to themselves!

That’s how my dilemma came about, do I get a decent EP3 and have some pennies left to spend on it or spend more and get the FN2.

Looks like I need to get some reading done.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
without wishing to involve myself in the above ep3/fn2 debate.

i would much rather a top of the market ep3 than a bottom of the market fn2

I personally preferred the ep3 but its personal taste.

drive both and buy the one you like :)

Caporegime
without wishing to involve myself in the above ep3/fn2 debate.

i would much rather a top of the market ep3 than a bottom of the market fn2

I personally preferred the ep3 but its personal taste.

drive both and buy the one you like :)

Indeed, it's true across many cars. Unless you REALLY want the newer (doggier) version.

Soldato
I've never used Lings due to delivery charges. I locate the part number on Lings then order them from my local dealer which is 5 mins from where I live.

Cruise control goes against everything Type R. Putting it in an EP3 would be as much fail as an FN2. Get a Type-S:p

Not enough batteries :(

Say what you want against the CR-Z it isn't a type R wannabe. It is a good looking eco car to chill around in.

The EP3 delivers a rawer driving experience than the FN2 which is what a type R is all about.

Soldato
In much the same way the Evo went then. It had to grow up at some point. Can someone define raw as well?
In before Jeremy Clarksons quotes about rear beam suspension.

Also agree you cannot compare the CRZ with anything 'performance'.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom