Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
All this FN2 bashing makes me sad, pick mine up tomorrow :p

Dont be, you'll love it, I'm not bashing it I'm just saying the Type-R thing is overrated and has been since the release of the EP3 I like mine for what it is not what the badge makes it out to be

which CTS do you have ?

I'm not sure how people can say the FN2 doesn't feel like a proper Type-R - what more do you want ?

perhaps if they took the carpets out, took out the air-con etc - ditched the digital display

then it'd be a Type-R right ?

When I say CTS I mean Corolla T-Sport

It is a Type-R in the modern form, its just not the same as a Type-R from 10 years ago, if an FN2 existed 10 or so years ago it would be a VTI and the Type-R would be more powerful variant with less gimmicky stuff

OcUK Staff
I guess not

It shows how a lot of money and the right mods can vastly improve a car both in the turns and when you boot it.

But the comparison is unfair, a Euro FN2 would still beat that Spoon CR-Z if the tyres were equal.

The Spoon CR-Z has Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 track focused tyres which are pretty damn awesome, whereas the FN2 is on the RE-050A standard road tyres which have nowhere near the same dry grip as the RE-11's.

Both cars on same tyres, the FN2 would be lapping over 1s faster, test should be conducted on same tyres at least as tyres can make a huge difference especially on a track.

Soldato
To be fair the non GT variant (very uncommon) had less bits, the GT has: dual curtain airbags, auto headlights, fog lights, cruise control, dual zone air con, rain sensing wipers, (non) lockable glove box with cooler.

Soldato
Dont be, you'll love it, I'm not bashing it I'm just saying the Type-R thing is overrated and has been since the release of the EP3 I like mine for what it is not what the badge makes it out to be

When I say CTS I mean Corolla T-Sport

It is a Type-R in the modern form, its just not the same as a Type-R from 10 years ago, if an FN2 existed 10 or so years ago it would be a VTI and the Type-R would be more powerful variant with less gimmicky stuff

nice - I looked for a Corolla T-Sport 5 door but they seemed like hens teeth

a few local but all looked shabby

are they any good ?

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
It's ok Benji. It happens all the time. Don't think anyone gets butthurt, hope not anyway.

This is the VTEC owners thread. It usually goes like this:

Ad and Muffin rip on everyone for not having a DC2 because they are both F1 drivers.

I try to provide a voice of reason whilst making questionable purchases and hiding chavvy mods.

All of the FN2 owners justify their cars and become very upset if anyone says the words 'proper' and 'type-R' in the same sentence.

MilanoChris has owned pretty much everything worth owning with a VTEC engine and tells everyone to hush when they are clearly wrong.

Jonnycoupe snipes from afar whilst Relentless defends his tyres.

And we all take the wet out of Nath for driving a hybrid.

There is no hard feelings or buthurtness here. :D

Soldato

Ad and Muffin rip on everyone for not having a DC2 because they are both F1 drivers.

I try to provide a voice of reason whilst making questionable purchases and hiding chavvy mods.

All of the FN2 owners justify their cars and become very upset if anyone says the words 'proper' and 'type-R' in the same sentence.

MilanoChris has owned pretty much everything worth owning with a VTEC engine and tells everyone to hush when they are clearly wrong.

Ha ha, spot on Sir, spot on.

Soldato
Been snooping around more for oil leaks. Tried my best to clean up all the previous oil staines and went for a drive. Came back and nothing at the moment, but cam cover gasket defo needs changing/cam seal too.

img3681pd.jpg

This picture shows the gasket out. Seems to have perished. I'm pretty certain now that is the cause of the leak from the back of the block.

Injector sides everything was very oily. I cleaned to the best of my ability and will check more throughly in the morning. I'm certain it's the cam gasket.

img3684u.jpg

img3686xz.jpg

img3687tr.jpg

Caporegime

...and buckster posts on a new car he's thinking abou

OcUK Staff
To be fair the non GT variant (very uncommon) had less bits, the GT has: dual curtain airbags, auto headlights, fog lights, cruise control, dual zone air con, rain sensing wipers, (non) lockable glove box with cooler.

Not good for weight, so is a full fat FN2 pretty close to 1400kg then?

Caporegime

Where do I fit. I guess I have the best Honda engine ever made so you can STFU :)

Soldato
Not good for weight, so is a full fat FN2 pretty close to 1400kg then?

I believe I've seen that figure before yes. Someone I know just removed the AC as he doesn't use it, that was 20kg just for that with the radiator et all. Rear bench seats are 40kg. Mines not a track car so not fussed about those things but there are big savings to be made certainly.

Forum guy said his weighbridge reported it at 1320kg with full tank. 10kg error margin.

Last edited:
Soldato
I took my car for a good 'old blast today. I'm not used to this power delivery as soon as I hit VTEC it literally seems to me I'm in warp speed mode. It's amazing engineering, really is.

H22A7 Y U LEAK OIL ALL TIME
H22A7 Y U NO 95 RON

Soldato
nice - I looked for a Corolla T-Sport 5 door but they seemed like hens teeth

a few local but all looked shabby

are they any good ?

I loved mine but it was a facelift so three door only and better suspension than the 5 door models, kind of regret selling it to be honest they're a great car for the money if I need a cheaper car next year when I sell my flat and get a house I might pick up another

I think that's where the FD2 comes in

Yeah you're right there

Back
Top Bottom