Type R and VTEC owners

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Back to Gruppe M vs Tegiwa intakes.

How much are second hand Gruppe M's? My Tegiwa cost £290.

a new tegM intake is approaching £400
a second hand good condition GM is £400

in your position, buying a tegM second hand for £290 seems a good deal.
buying a second hand tegiwa costs £100 less than a new one, whereas a new gruppe m costs over double the going rate for a second hand one.

way i see it is that a second hand gruppe m is actually a better deal.

Hmm maybe I just stick with OEM. The tyres were 4-5mm when I got the car so never experienced from new.

what are oem fit on an FN2? RE050?

I would say, from memory, that the RE050A is a more sport orientate tyre and the RE002A is more orientated at day to day driving but works really well when pushed.

I have RE050A on my car and rate them highly. they have been superb tyres and as the backs arent worn down, and i can get a front set for £200, i will be buying some more.

they performed admirably on track too which I was very happy with.
my opinion is valid despite my car not being 500BHP :D

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
excellent, well go for that then i say. the RE040 was the OE fit tyre for the EP3 and due to the HSH my car has, was the tyre fitted to my car when i got it.

I found them to be lacking in grip [mainly because they were close to the limit] but they felt laboured under hard cornering and were atrocious in the wet.

i fitted the RE050As for one reason, NathWraith sold his Cupra back to Seat with the winter tyres on so i gave him £300 for the RE050As that he had.

stock tyre size for ep3 is 205/45/17 but these ones were 215/40/17 meaning wider and lower profile. many say that this improves things on its own but the car was transformed with these. I think a new set for your FN2 would do the job fine.

what sort of price are they Noxia?

I keep looking at AD08 but am assuming that [AD08+Trackdays=Baffledsump]
am I wrong [MilanoChris or anyone else?]

Soldato
No Derp, re-read my post and stop derping around, what did you take a break from the forum for Derp? Was it because no one ever seems to actually say anything to you, you post, but no one actually replies or acknowledges you, do you think thats because of what you post Derp, just .gifs and single lines of crap, sometimes in capitals?

Yea that is clearly why, "Hurfdurf4mod" got coined because of how rubbish a poster I am and how no one cared about my postings, including the offtopic thread that bought this forum to a practical close, its got nothing to do with the lead up to Christmas and New Years being the busiest time of the year for me.

Or should I go back like Fox and edit all my posts to a higher standard?

PARANOIA PARANOIA EVERYONE'S COMING TO GET YOU.

Soldato
About 130 RJ. Default ones are 225/40 R18 Y88. There seem to be other versions for less but I'm not to sure what the other measurements mean. R18 Y 92XL is £98.

Wondering if the Potenza S001 has replaced the RE050A as its the only one I can find with the exact same load and speed rating.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP

I wouldn't say essential like it would be with semi slicks but definitely a good idea to start thinking about it, especially if you're going to be doing a few track days regardless of the tyres fitted. One or two a year and you should be fine though.

OcUK Staff

As Chris already said AD08's does not require a baffled sump, after the Corsas I might try AD08's on the 911.

What I can't do is fit slicks due to not having a dry sump, same for you!

Soldato
About 130 RJ. Default ones are 225/40 R18 Y88. There seem to be other versions for less but I'm not to sure what the other measurements mean. R18 Y 92XL is £98.

Wondering if the Potenza S001 has replaced the RE050A as its the only one I can find with the exact same load and speed rating.

Ive gone for 92 XLs on my car....not sure why someone would go for 88 Y at a higher price, surely the 92 XL will have a stiffer sidewall so better feel, albeit with a slight ride penalty?

The car came with RE050As, but the fronts were down to 3mm when I bought the car, and I knocked them down a bit on price knowing I'd want to replace them immediately. RE050As dont have the best reputation in the wet and were more expensive so I didnt see reason to buy another set rather than go for the CSC5s or F1 AS2s.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
They are fine in the wet. Just drive to the conditions. There's a reason Honda put RE050A's and Bridgestones on their cars, the sidewall is well suited to Type R's.

Soldato
Cheap too, apparently they are exceptionally poor in the wet though?

Yeah I have read this too. Depends how bad really, might just have to suck it and see!

I heard RE070 make the AD08 feel soggy, must be quite something. For me it's a feedback thing as well as an aversion to the roll and wallow.

This pleases me greatly!

I don't remeber that but I do remember when you tried claiming your Carolla offered Type R levels of performance and silly things like that then got all butt hurt by people disagreeing with you.

A pattern seems to be emerging.

THEY EXPECT SOME OF THE DERP IN THE WRECKAGE BROTHER!

Caporegime

Yes it is. A better tyre too, certainly in the wet.

It's a shame they don't do a 215/45/17 S001.

Caporegime
I have thought about, but then I end up with the same tyre size all around. Plus I kind of like the F1AS2. Although last week I was considering AD08s :S

Soldato
Get AD08, you will never turn back ;)

I assume you mean front and rear the same, currently 10mm stagger? Wouldn't worry about that either, square setups are better IMO.

Soldato
no you told him to get a grip and get a life. Unacceptable behaviour from a fellow honda owner.

No need to keep answering him back Durfmeisterdurfhurd, it's easier to ignore the whining baby in the pram.

A fellow Honda owner has been rude and just called me a whining baby, infraction time Nathwraith? Or do you only give infractions to people who you dislike?

Has Clarkey received his infraction yet? Its just I'm not sure if you get the meaning of "moderator"

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
staphmemepotterthumb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom