Type R and VTEC owners

Man of Honour
why are you so desperate to know it? Because it will mean that a jazz is better than a civic for commuting in? What is the actual purpose of you knowing the answer to the question what do you personally gain from it?

Do you ever read your posts back to yourself from to time and think 'huh'?

He's asking you a simple question about how many miles driven to equate to an £8 a month fuel saving. Thats it. You've spent more effort whinging and avoiding the question than it would have taken to say 'Oh, thats about 100 miles worth'.

Soldato
I have grown to like them on mine. XL version and now done 7k and they feel good. Immediate impressions were similar to you claret and my steering wheel noticed the extra internal scrub of tyre ( de ja vu with these comments I think)

Had to wind dampers up to stiffest though and the 'slack' is minimal now they have less tread and 33psi. The grip on cold wet country lanes on my 140 miles a week commute make up for their feedback shortfall. Although I wonder how much a jazz would save on this commute, that could be my ideal car.

The AD08s are softer than Bridgestones FWIW.

I heard RE070 make the AD08 feel soggy, must be quite something. For me it's a feedback thing as well as an aversion to the roll and wallow. With the AD08 I am totally at ease with it, the slightest turn of the wheel translates without delay into a steering action and it gives a nice feeling of being at one with the road. Can feel the available grip clear as day, no uncertainty. With the AS2 I didn't feel this, instead a disconnection. I tried to err, make progress on a nice winding road I've driven countless times, totally misjudged the grip I had, and under-steered. That was the last drive I ever did on those tyres.

Soldato
About 300. They were not new though, came on a set of wheels I bought. Worn evenly to 6mm on all four, so nicely worn in, although not to the geo on my car.

I don't mind so much, they are worth more on their own than I paid with the wheels. I just thought they would be different, going on how they review so well. I suppose it's easy to quantify braking distances and G forces, not so much how it feels to drive on. If I paid full price for them I would have been very displeased though.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;23708359 said:
Do you ever read your posts back to yourself from to time and think 'huh'?

Hey Fox remember when I said I bought my Corolla from a Ford garage and you said that because it was a Toyota bought from a Ford a garage that it was a POS and would cause me endless grief, why was it the most relaible car I've ever owned in over two years?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
I would say, from memory, that the RE050A is a more sport orientate tyre and the RE002A is more orientated at day to day driving but works really well when pushed.

Soldato
Right, time to get back to normal business.

DC2/EK9 are much better than the watered down EP3 and especially FN2 :rolleyes::cool::D;):p

There we go, I'm back to normal. Can someone factory reset Relentlesslyrelentless and flash a new ROM onto him, that might solve these random error outbursts :D

Soldato
Hey Fox remember when I said I bought my Corolla from a Ford garage and you said that because it was a Toyota bought from a Ford a garage that it was a POS and would cause me endless grief, why was it the most relaible car I've ever owned in over two years?

I don't remeber that but I do remember when you tried claiming your Carolla offered Type R levels of performance and silly things like that then got all butt hurt by people disagreeing with you.

A pattern seems to be emerging.

Soldato
Sod it Ill stay OEM tyres. I don't track and don't have a proper Type R so Ill make so with the RE050A

:D:D:D

Supposed to be a pretty good tyre anyway. Any other tyres more highly recommended, or do you start then going towards AD08 and track tyre territory?

Man of Honour
OP
They are good, wouldn't be fitted to supercars out of the factory if they weren't. I still maintain that unless you're running a high grade tyre such as AD08 then Bridgestones are best suited to Type R's.

Soldato
I don't remeber that but I do remember when you tried claiming your Carolla offered Type R levels of performance and silly things like that then got all butt hurt by people disagreeing with you.

A pattern seems to be emerging.

Yeah you pop your head into things you have no first hand experiance with

How conveniant that you have forgotten

The Corolla is long gone and I now own an FN2 and I still say the facelift Corolla T-Sport is good alternative to a prefacelift EP3, how dare I say this against the mighty R-Typez!

Soldato
Yeah you pop your head into things you have no first hand experiance with

How conveniant that you have forgotten

The Corolla is long gone and I now own an FN2 and I still say the facelift Corolla T-Sport is good alternative to a prefacelift EP3, how dare I say this against the mighty R-Typez!

HERE I AM, THE BAD SMELL, RETURNING TO RUBBISH YOUR POSTS INTO THE GROUND.

You can say your Corolla T-Sport was a good alternative all you want, that's fine, the funny part was how upset you got when people disagreed with you.

It was even worse than this thread, you are a wambulance crews worst nightmare.

Back
Top Bottom