Type R and VTEC owners

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Well I will more than likely get ribbed for it but I'm getting a DS3 Dsport THP.

Never really noticed them but took one out for a test drive and was sold. Really is great to drive and handles brilliantly. It's only about 155bhp but it's very useable, if that makes sense.

Loved my civic but I'm starting to do more miles and it's not the nicest place to be on long journeys. That and being stuck in traffic meant i never got much of a chance to touch Vtec. Still was a fun year and no doubt ill be back in a type r one day.

The DS3 offers a mix of what I wanted, fairly decent power and fuel economy, and added comfort with cruise control etc. Was no way going to go derv!

Here's the one I ordered which is due next Friday :)

Opted to get it one of citroens lease deals as the rates were good at the time.

B3AE7069-186A-4087-B1A4-BF7341FE3F53-2797-0000011811E22A14_zpsf65537d7.jpg

44DB7A8B-6B2F-4610-8E97-189A8D4FA4C4-2797-000001181ECC4C07_zps1d05a4ce.jpg

278FB1DF-0562-49A5-AC37-240FCBB7D5BF-2797-0000011827A0FBF5_zps573f9e3f.jpg

confused.jpg

Soldato
Everyone knows the FN2 is rubbish.

You looking at downsizing at all?

The jazz has good fuel economy and 5 doors practicality.

More doors, more whores.

Nope, I want a mahoosive unnecessary saloon for me and me only to tootle around in in comfort with toys and a nice bit of go

Or a five door hatch

Bledd just seen your edit, I know nothing about Beemers if I'm honest everytime I look at them I go cross eyed with the spec differences and then I get bored and start looking at Jap cars again, I like the idea of them but I think I would get bored of it

didnt you have an A1???

Nope, Jazz > A1, ask Simon he'll tell you all about it

But yeah you're probably thinking of Black Hawk

Soldato
I thought only kids cared about JDM. Went to Honda for a service on the day of Japfest 2012, he asked if I was going but I said no because I don't have a Japanese car, oh how we laughed.
In other news, was looking at EK9's again for the sake of it and I wondered how easy it is to get parts for them still. That would be my main worry with such an ancient car.

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought only kids cared about JDM. Went to Honda for a service on the day of Japfest 2012, he asked if I was going but I said no because I don't have a Japanese car, oh how we laughed.
In other news, was looking at EK9's again for the sake of it and I wondered how easy it is to get parts for them still. That would be my main worry with such an ancient car.

I'm not a kid and I care. Just like a I care about genuine parts. e.g. mugen and not fugen.

Soldato
I'm not a kid and I care. Just like a I care about genuine parts. e.g. mugen and not fugen.

I know you do, but you're intelligent enough to know that JDM doesn't mean quality/bestest all the time. I refer to those who pay big bucks for some JDM car or parts thinking JUST because it's JDM it's better. Then again, if someone cared that much about quality they'd probably be driving German.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'd rather have a car made in Japan than in Swindon, I don't care if it's then sold in Japan or here.

EK9 parts are a plenty, if you want a track toy then look at an EG SIR imo

Soldato
Ze Germans ain't exactly all about quality either.

Honda went more upmarket with the Accord from 7th gen and onwards and perhaps they didn't trust Swindon to put them together properly hence probably why HUK "refuse" to sell them. Call me snobbish but I'd certainly pay extra for any product that is "Made in Japan". I'd also have a CL9 with the K24 over the FN2, they are great pieces of kit with a lot potential, Honda missed a trick not making a proper Type R version of it!

I thought so, I think the latest version is built by Swindon noobs though

The current 8th gen is made in Japan too, and will probably be killed off after this iteration.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom