Associate
Front lip fitted

IMG_20130221_112800_zpsa149b0d0.jpg

IMG_20130221_112814_zpsc576e9b7.jpg

IMG_20130221_112758_zps9bdff5b7.jpg

Before

IMG_20120912_181201.jpg

IMG_20120912_181407.jpg

Finishes off the front end nicely. Next on the to do list, new stereo, getting the steering wheel re-trimmed by one of the guys on s2kiuk, red stiching and half perforated leather and some new 4 piece mats as mine are looking a bit tatty and worn.

Also want the headlight washers removed and smoothed over.

Last edited:
Don
Lovely looking S2000 there, are the headlight washers optional? Or were they just added/removed in later models? They kinda spoil the look imo, makes the front end look a little less menacing.

Soldato
If they are present they have to work in order to pass an MOT however once removed it will still pass it's MOT.

That used to be the case. As of May last year they now check for the presence of the washer system.

From the MOT inspection manual:
"Vehicles with HID headlamps are required to have a headlamp washing system (a wiper is not required) and be self-levelling, which may be achieved either by the use of either headlamp or suspension levelling systems"

Saw a thread on another forum where someone had routed some tubes to the front of the car and attached it to an supersoaker just to get it though the MOT! :D

I have no idea if the rules are still like this right now.

Last edited:
Soldato
That used to be the case. As of May last year they now check for the presence of the washer system.

"Vehicles with HID headlamps are required to have a headlamp washing system (a wiper is not required) and be self-levelling, which may be achieved either by the use of either headlamp or suspension levelling systems"

Saw a thread on another forum where someone had routed some tubes to the front of the car and attached it to an supersoaker just to get it though the MOT! :D

I can't see that statement from the MOT testing manual available online here, this being the Jan 2012 document so I guess it may have been revised:

http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/htdocs/m4s01000701.htm

(Section 1.7 is the one that deals with headlamps)

It still seems to show that vehicles fitted with HIDS may be fitted with headlight washers and self levelling systems - and that where fitted, they must work. Thus - self levellers and washers are not a necessity, but remain optional.

Associate

That information is wrong, they only MOT failure that would occur was if they were present and non functioning. If they are not present then they are not an MOT test item so removing them will be no issue.

Soldato
Dude, atleast its justified. :p I'm not schizophrenic so rarely talk to myself.

You sorted that roll centre out on yours? It would 'sort it reet gud'.

Yeah, perhaps your JLR connections could design new uprights or something. I don't have the ability, resources or inclination to though. It works ok for me and countless others though so leaving it alone will do.

Or making assumptions about something you have no experience of?

You're right, I have no experience of the FN2. Pretty safe bet that tyres and geo are going to have a much more profound effect than some silly canards. It's a hotted up hatchback not an F1 machine.

Soldato
Don't need to go nuts with upright adjustment, just something like this off the shelf? Perhaps design something? There's no doubt about it I could. Couldn't afford machining though!

http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php?II=941

I didn't read that someone had a problem with their car that needed 'sorting' just asking what canards were for, I reply, you pop up and ho hum here we are.

F1 cars don't have canards, BTW...

FWIW roll centre adjustment on a McP front is common on EP3, DC5 and Fn2 when lowered to recover the OEM rising spring rate 'geo' with bump to regain roll control with the same stiffness spring.

That's a geo isn't it?

Last edited:
Soldato
Never seen those GC bits before. Seems like a relatively extravagant purchase to solve a problem which is barely a problem. I will put them on the list of things to consider if I still own the car in a years time though.

Associate
That information is wrong, they only MOT failure that would occur was if they were present and non functioning. If they are not present then they are not an MOT test item so removing them will be no issue.

It's wrong on the mainland, but in Northern Ireland you have to have the washer system. Lots of guys with evo 8's & 9's are having to retro fit pipes to the intercooler spray lines to pass the NI MOT.

Back
Top Bottom