Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
After joining the ITR DC5 forum it turns out theres an owner of a CW DC5 in my town. He has offered to take me out :)

Doooo it!

Tailed a DC2 today, the special thing is that I'm in some tiny town in the middle of Germany! Autobahn was fun, just wish my Golf Blumotion wasn't soo underpowered!

GT3

GT3

Soldato
Seen this:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../1500/postcode/m225le/keywords/type?logcode=p

I have money burning a hole and the temptation is immense, pricey though

I went to look at that car last Saturday late on with my friend. The salesman was very pushy, said we couldn't test drive the car as he'd locked up for the night but if we didn't leave a deposit it would be gone on the Sunday.

He told me he'd had lots of dreamers offering 2500-3000. I told him, he was the one dreaming at nearly 5k and bid him farewell!

It was in stunning condition though, despite the tyres!

Soldato
guys where do you get your brakes from these days?
was just thinking of getting some EBC blanks and a cheap Ferodo pad.

what discs you using Muffin? I'm sure your front discs on the 96 spec are 262mm like mine.

Last edited:
Soldato
DC2?

Re bush with OEM. Polys ruin the back end dynamics? Unless you like snappy oversteer?

Just poly bush everything except the RTA which should be kept as OEM. It's what I did.

I feel everything in my Teg and although it's annoying at times when commuting in town, a quick blast tourns the frown right back upside down :D

Soldato
Hi guys.

I find my EP3 makes a strange noise when I come off the throttle. I understand that it isn't a quiet engine/gearbox, but I just want to make sure nothing is wrong.

Basically you'll be accelerating in low revs and the when you come off the throttle there is an ever so slight crunchy/rattly sorta noise, until you back on the throttle again.

Doesn't happen around any specific RPM, but normally lower gears/speed.

Any ideas? Or just the nature of the engine/gearbox.

Back
Top Bottom