Type R and VTEC owners

Man of Honour
OP
That's what I thought.. odd.
The only R that had xenons from the factory, or so i thought, was the JDM DC2 Type Rx and the ATR.

The only UKDM Type R to come with them is the ATR. I don't think the FN2 has them as an option either.

The JDM cars are different, I believe the JDM EP3 had them, will text a mate who owned one to confirm.

DC2 as you say has them, as does the DC5. I'm unsure on the FD2 though.

Man of Honour
OP
So what has RJK got on his car then?
Without having seen his car, I couldn't possibly comment.

And why is that info on wikipedia. Was it a premier edition thing?
Not everything on Wikipedia is true and no, the premier did not have HIDs or Xenons.

Wikipedia said:
Premier Special Edition

In 2005 Honda introduced the Premier edition which had Recaro Trendline seats (similar to those found in the Anniversary Edition, only in red and black rather than all red), a darker shade of fabric on the rear seat centre sections, a Momo Steering Wheel, Red Carpet, "Type R" embossed into the front brake calipers and privacy glass on the rear windows. These were available in Milano Red, Nighthawk Black, Cosmic Grey and Satin Silver.It Is Also The Fastest Car Having 3.5 I-Itec Engine. In 2007 This Car Was Known As Civic Reborn

And no, I did not do that myself.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
The only other thing I think could explain the Wikipadia article is if perhaps EDM cars had an option for HIDs but the UKDM doesn't.

Soldato
I know wikipedia isn't gospol. Seems odd.

Unless he has a euro spec one and doesn't know it.

Either that or it has had a headlight swap at some point.

Just seems like a lot of conflicting information.

Man of Honour
OP
EDM cars are all LHD so I doubt that.

He's either got standard lights with good bulbs, or he's got a very good conversion kit.

Man of Honour
OP
Yes, possible.

It's the addition of a ballast and bulbs that would be different as well.

Would be an expensive conversion compared to the typical ones that are around.

My old DC2 had a great conversion done.

Soldato
Ok so I just noticed that my drivers door and wing do not match the rest of the car! :( couldnt see this at all when I picked the car up but now ive noticed it its goingto bug the hell out of me!

3525211-6.jpg

Any ideas? :(

Man of Honour
OP
Do you think its worth taking it to a bodyshop to have it polished properly?

Of course, most offer free quotes so what do you have to lose? At least they'll give you an idea about the cars general condition as well. If you don't like the price, look into doing it yourself if you feel up for it, or find a detailer online who'll do it cheaper.

FYI I have more often than no found local coachworks type bodyshops to be more than reasonable.

Out of interest, was it the same issue you think?

Back
Top Bottom