Type R and VTEC owners

Man of Honour
OP
Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
So would all the people with 15k in the bank and a hankering for a Civic too :p

No way is it worth 15k, I'd say 10 would be a massive push.

10K is more realistic, considering 2005 DC5's go for that sort of money.

I'd still rather a DC5 though, they look better and crucially they have hydraulic steering.

Man of Honour
OP
Just to add, if we're being realistic, unless you're getting an FD2 or DC5, if you are spending that sort of money, then FN2's are hard to ignore, as they are going for silly cheap now because they aren't affected by the "JDM tax". I can't see any reason why you'd buy that EP3 when you can get a CW FN2 with an LSD and have a lot of spare change.

Soldato
Just to add, if we're being realistic, unless you're getting an FD2 or DC5, if you are spending that sort of money, then FN2's are hard to ignore, as they are going for silly cheap now because they aren't affected by the "JDM tax". I can't see any reason why you'd buy that EP3 when you can get a CW FN2 with an LSD and have a lot of spare change.

Don't people usually shun the FN2 because of the torsion bar suspension?

Man of Honour
OP
Don't people usually shun the FN2 because of the torsion bar suspension?

Of course the 'forum racing driver' will, you know the ones, but if you're realistic, then why would you buy a JDM EP3 over a much newer CW FN2 (or any LSD model) with better equipment as standard and have spare change?

Unless of course you want to be a JDM whore (which is understandable), but in which case then considering the price then why would you not get an FD2 or late DC5?

Last edited:
Associate
if they did a white facelift, then we would be talking. just not keen on the pre 04 headlights.

xenons all the way :p

Facelift ep3 doesnt have Xenons does it? i know changing the bulb on the facelift is a right pain though compared to the pre facelift.

Always thought, Facelift front bumper with pre-facelift rear lights is the perfect combo, the lexus stye ones make it look way too barry

Soldato
Facelift ep3 doesnt have Xenons does it? i know changing the bulb on the facelift is a right pain though compared to the pre facelift.

Always thought, Facelift front bumper with pre-facelift rear lights is the perfect combo, the lexus stye ones make it look way too barry

lol it does. I have seen them with my own eyes.

Back
Top Bottom