Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
Of course, most offer free quotes so what do you have to lose? At least they'll give you an idea about the cars general condition as well. If you don't like the price, look into doing it yourself if you feel up for it, or find a detailer online who'll do it cheaper.

FYI I have more often than no found local coachworks type bodyshops to be more than reasonable.

Out of interest, was it the same issue you think?

Yeah thats very true, think Ill pop down at the weekend and see what they have to say.

Sorry not sure what you mean by the same issue?

Man of Honour
OP
Does it look like the back of the car has had new paint and the rest is dull? Or do the door and front wing not match up with anything else?

Soldato
It looks to me like the door and wing are the ones that dont match. Fingers crossed a professional polish & wax is all it needs rather than respraying :(

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
well I come back to the thread and my lights are up for debate :p

bizzare. I assumed they were xenons for 2 reasons.

reason 1 is that the advert stated it.
reason 2 is that the headlights actually do look like xenons.

I stand corrected if they are not. but if those bulbs go, I will be taking them out, checking them and buying some more because they are damn good.

Man of Honour
OP
Snowy Type R (just took this outside)
4236badb.jpg

well I come back to the thread and my lights are up for debate :p

bizzare. I assumed they were xenons for 2 reasons.

reason 1 is that the advert stated it.
reason 2 is that the headlights actually do look like xenons.

I stand corrected if they are not. but if those bulbs go, I will be taking them out, checking them and buying some more because they are damn good.

Easy check, is there a ballast or not?

Associate
HID kits are a very common 'mod' on EP3's lots of talk about them on the CTR owners club. The owner would then no doubt put xenons in the advert as technically they are the same thing but sounds factory/better. The only issue is that with new MOT regulations hid kits are going to start causing a failure because they dont have self leveling & washer features which are mandatory now i beleive, although i might be wrong...

Soldato
HID kits are a very common 'mod' on EP3's lots of talk about them on the CTR owners club. The owner would then no doubt put xenons in the advert as technically they are the same thing but sounds factory/better. The only issue is that with new MOT regulations hid kits are going to start causing a failure because they dont have self leveling & washer features which are mandatory now i beleive, although i might be wrong...

I have seen EP3s with HID kits, they look shambolic.

Soldato
I'll never get the fuss about having super expensive headlights - they all light up the dark in one way or another. Is it necessary for you to light up the next town to see where you're going?

Soldato
I have seen EP3s with HID kits, they look shambolic.

My DC2 came with a 6000k kit fitted. It is a bit too blue for me so with the change of the mot rules I am tempted to at least go to oem style ~4500k bulbs so it doesn't stick out. They are good though for the amount of light but does make your main beam feel a little weedy, not many upgrade halogens for mains too.

Just bought myself my 2nd mod for the integra (first was removing resonator and fitting a pipe instead), swapping to the JDM manifold on it. Meant to be one of the few worthwhile upgrades on the engine that don't cost a fortune. Currently only bought the JDM b-pipe and cat so I am on the lookout for the manifold. Won't really want to be fitting it yet due to it being so cold. :p

Soldato
I'll never get the fuss about having super expensive headlights - they all light up the dark in one way or another. Is it necessary for you to light up the next town to see where you're going?

Driving with "proper" bi-xenons headlights is just a world apart from halogens.

Just makes them seem like candles in jam jars by comparison.

Adaptive xenons are especially cool.

Man of Honour
OP
the only issue is that with new MOT regulations hid kits are going to start causing a failure because they dont have self leveling & washer features which are mandatory now i beleive, although i might be wrong...

All it says in the regs is that if washers and levellers are fitted they must work. There is no mention of cars with HID kits requiring washers and levellers though.

Straight out of the VOSA 2012 manual.

Associate
All it says in the regs is that if washers and levellers are fitted they must work. There is no mention of cars with HID kits requiring washers and levellers though.

Straight out of the VOSA 2012 manual.

Yeah sorry its not mandatory *yet*, realise i miss read but it could become a problem in future:

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/technicalpenpicture3-lighting.pdf

This raises the question of whether these checks apply to vehicles fitted with after-market HID lighting kits. These kits convert conventional halogen headlamps to HID Xenon and they are widely sold and fitted to vehicles used on the road. The Department for Transport considers that after-market systems should be required to meet the same safety standards as that applied in respect of these lamps at vehicle Type Approval. Therefore, in order to pass the MOT test, vehicles fitted with after-market HID systems would also need to be fitted with headlamp cleaning and self-levelling systems

Caporegime
Just bought myself my 2nd mod for the integra (first was removing resonator and fitting a pipe instead), swapping to the JDM manifold on it. Meant to be one of the few worthwhile upgrades on the engine that don't cost a fortune. Currently only bought the JDM b-pipe and cat so I am on the lookout for the manifold. Won't really want to be fitting it yet due to it being so cold. :p

What's your budget? Put a wanted up on the OC for a 98 manifold, the 96 is pap. There's a 5zigen up atm for £300~ I think

Associate
What's your budget? Put a wanted up on the OC for a 98 manifold, the 96 is pap. There's a 5zigen up atm for £300~ I think

the 98 is the manifold to have but the 96 is far from pap. The UK manifold is what is pap. Even a 96 manifold is going to be like night and day.

Was the best change in terms of performance i did too mine ( 96 spec teg but had uk engine and uk manifold when i bought it)

Soldato

Depends how much a 98 spec one is, I have found a '96 spec one for £80 so far, how much do 98's go for?

Also it being cast doesn't bother me so much, I'd prefer a 4-2-1 really as it helps over a larger range of revs. It's a manifold, I don't care how desirable it is, just how well it flows. :p

Back
Top Bottom