Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
Older Honda clutches seem to have a better lifespan than those in the K20'd engined Hondas. Theres too many factors though, some people replace them due to a bit of bearing noise even though the clutch itself is fine (I'm guilty of this) also depends on what kind of life its had as with any car

Those alloys dont suite the S2K at all

Man of Honour
OP
Worn clutches will give notchy gear changes but won't slip. They tend to go around 70k miles, all depends on the driver though.

My DC5 clutch became notchy at 50k miles and it was still fine at 86k miles but I knew it needed changing. Due to the relatively low torque compared to a turbo'd car, you are less likely to get any slip from it when it's worn unlike what you get on Evo's etc.

A friend noticed his was slightly notchy and changed the clutch at 55k miles, he said the difference was like night and day.

Soldato
I have to be careful with exhaust choice for myself as I do a lot of motorway driving. I do want to make my car sound better when in vtec though, currently it's totally stock except for resonator removal (got flexible piping to feed cold air still).

Just sit in 4th on the Mortorway :D

Well the silencers we are having made up are not much different to OEM apparently according to Nez. We shall see!

Soldato
That Guernsey S2000 just posted needs the headlight washers removed or colour coded.

Not a fan of the alloy or the lowering, a little too far for my tastes. :p Looks nice otherwise.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I might do. It'll do 30mpg on a steady drive, won't really depreciate, won't let me down reliability wise, no signs of rust etc. Could always B18C it too:p:eek:

gf HATES the look of them and won't be seen dead in it, but I can live with that:p

Seem's like a cool car to rock about in, just needs some go faster stripes and some TE-37's.

If I get rear ended I'll give you first dibs on my b18c, £3k with 10% deposit :p

Soldato
What are you EP3 owners running oil wise? My cars been ran on Fuchs Titan Pro S 5w/40 fully synth for years now, changed every 6k, but the last owner was a bit more well off than I am! I wanna keep the changes up but 50 odd quid for oil and filter alone is a lot if doing it every 6 months.

Anyone got any recommendations for something cheaper? Shell Helix Ultra (but apparently this is a mineral derived synthetic) and Fuchs Titan Supersyn are well priced and recommended, anyone got any history using those two?

Back
Top Bottom