Type R and VTEC owners

Wouldn't that be pointless on 10 year old worn suspension?
Yes and no, though it would depend on the condition of the car. Sure it'll be worn and not as 'tight' as it once were, doesn't mean geo won't make a noticeable difference to its handling.

I kind of see your point though, around that age is where things like track rod ends and bushes should be thought about, especially on a hot hatch. I know a few DC2 owners who have had theirs changed on 10+ year old cars and they say it's been the best money spent.

Due to the nature of how the parts deteriorate it's one of those that you never really notice it happening till something fails or you get them changed.

Put mine on ebay today, shizzles are getting serious! I'll miss it :)

If you're having a FRSU, take it to somewhere who know them well to check them over. I took mine to a local mechanic friend who owns CTR's, said yeah it's fine... nowt needs changing (bushes, track rod ends etc) because it was a bit wayward on fast corners, loose feeling steering - not too bad but still.

Took it to Area motorsport for a free check up as they stocked everything I need and they showed me how the front bushes had gone and we agreed on a nice amount of work - makes a difference for you to use someone who knows what they're doing.

I would consider new OEM front bushes (avoid polybushes on a road car :)) and as long as your shocks are good a FRSU will be sweet!

Last edited:
Sunnnnn time.
I cleared and greased all from suspension parts. Red Hammerite all over ( It was painted with green one for 2 years) **** hammerite is good for everything on last track session paint off EBC red stuff burned off after 2 laps. But green hammerite on calipers stayed intact :D
901410_649451245070733_898773069_o.jpg

919656_649451355070722_311258860_o.jpg

I am finally happy with how them rims look on my itr :D And Rust free suspension for another two years. I got play to do full under seal later on this year to cause when i went off track stones ripped one i had off in few places :P

Did you pant them whilst on the car, wont the pads stick to the caliper and do you have to be careful with the wire brush or do you just go mental with it?

Thinking of doing my calipers and hubs in black

How do you rate those tyres?

Put mine on ebay today, shizzles are getting serious! I'll miss it :)

If you're having a FRSU, take it to somewhere who know them well to check them over. I took mine to a local mechanic friend who owns CTR's, said yeah it's fine... nowt needs changing (bushes, track rod ends etc) because it was a bit wayward on fast corners, loose feeling steering - not too bad but still.

Took it to Area motorsport for a free check up as they stocked everything I need and they showed me how the front bushes had gone and we agreed on a nice amount of work - makes a difference for you to use someone who knows what they're doing.

I would consider new OEM front bushes (avoid polybushes on a road car :)) and as long as your shocks are good a FRSU will be sweet!

FRSU is something I've read about but I'm not sure it's something I'll do just yet. Once I get comfortable pushing the car a bit more I may consider it though.

How much would you expect it to cost for replacement OEM bushes fitted? Somebody else also mentioned this so its something I'll keep in mind.

Thanks

It's a case of finding them for a good price and getting a good garage to do it, most moan and shy away and suggest new lower arms, Honda won't be cheap...

Some of the guys on here will have good ideas for parts supplies and prices but I would imagine about 100-150 dependant on the bush cost and how nice the garage feels at the time :)

Been offered £4600 for my car which seems as good as it gets for a private sale in this marketplace at the mo so it should be going on wednesday.

I think when I am back on my feet with a solid job (any going OcUK boys? lol :)) I may move to an FN2 as grown to like them at the mo and no turbos or dual mass flywheels to worry about unlike modern boosted stuff.

Vtec has been fun :)

wish I had known about this. would have gone.

anyone here ever attended?

also, stormster, nice work on the value for your EP3.
lets me hold out hope that i may actually lose nothing selling mine :D

Some monies worth there! Looks a quality meet :)
You will likely fetch good enough money if you keep it tidy and can be extensive with it's history dude, I think thats what went in my favour :) Deal aint done till tomorrow though!

Looks in general like a bunch of Honda chavs with stupid stanced cars driving like pillocks.

so no different to a pistonheads meet or something of that ilk :confused:

cant see any S2000s smashing into trees in this video :)

Nah it's mostly a bunch of kids with EG3 non VTEC Civics with stickers all over them behaving like fools. Maybe I'm getting old.

Back
Top Bottom