Type R and VTEC owners

Looking at a replacement for a dreary mondeo diesel and keep coming back to look at CTR's.

Love the EP3 but actually willing to avoid the car completely due to lack of cruise control! Am I mad?

I realise the FN2 gets cruise but it's not exactly a head turner....

Looking at a replacement for a dreary mondeo diesel and keep coming back to look at CTR's.

Love the EP3 but actually willing to avoid the car completely due to lack of cruise control! Am I mad?

I realise the FN2 gets cruise but it's not exactly a head turner....

Do you frequently travel long distances requiring cruise?

Another question, looking at a couple type Rs vaguely local to me.
Assuming both in a good condition which is preferable:
1) An '02 car on 68k miles for £3500
or
2) An '05 car on 80k miles for £5500

Is the lower miles or younger car more preferable.

The Facelift has

Updated Front and rear lights
Side repeaters in the mirrors
Large H badge
Changes to steering
A Lighter flywheel
More sound deadening
Red inserts on seats/doors
Drivers Window auto up not just down
Addition of the Cosmic Grey colour

Those are the main ones but there are many more subtle changes.

Last edited:
Not sure on proper details but they look nowhere near as dated as the pre facelift imo. Cosmic Grey is my fave colour on an EP3, wish they had it on the FN2 but the closest was Titanium and that wasn't an option :(

Last edited:
Are the mechanical differences noticeable when driving?
From what I've read there's not a great difference, a cosmetic will be down to what I think when I see it in person (so to speak).

What's the major differences?
I'm thinking of test driving the earlier one to see if I like the style before doing a 60 mile round trip.

The facelift model was introduced in 2004. There are roughly 1500 changes, however the main ones are:

Lighter flywheel.
Additional sound deadening
Different front and rear light clusters.
Different front bumper
Red door inserts and red inserts on the seats

there was a dude with a cosmic grey premier edition [worth it just for the recaros tbh] on here looking to sell iirc

*cosmic grey is the best colour

EliotG i think it was

Last edited:
Having my front end painted to repair some damage and all the stone chips etc. Going to Honda this afternoon for photos on the rusty roof strip and hopefully get that repaired too. Will be nice to have the car in better condition than when I first bought it.

Back
Top Bottom