Type R and VTEC owners

I like alcantara myself but not sure how well it would last with my sweaty palms! :o

Never heard anything bad about royal steering wheel. That wheel looks a bit chunky mind!

Well had a buyer for the ATR who also has a ATR. He will use mine for track days. I let it go for stupid money as it needs a lot of money spent on it to sort it. He said body work was in really good condition and looked in places I didn't even know about. Seems like oil is in the exhausts which isn't a good sign, but I'll be glad it's going to someone who knows what they're doing with it. It'll also be great to know what's going on with it etc through updates. Buyers a nice guy.

EDIT: Muffin y u no bride jdm seats 'y0?

Isn't the reputation of Bride kind of ruined by the massive number of fakes these days. I know that whenever I see one I immediately assume it's a knockoff.

The proper ones I've sat in are amazingly narrow too, not really made with a western build in mind.

I like alcantara myself but not sure how well it would last with my sweaty palms! :o

Never heard anything bad about royal steering wheel. That wheel looks a bit chunky mind!

@rjk

Search for royal steering wheels in the thread and you'll find my post with a pic of my dc2 momo retrim in leather with red stitching.

Took longer than estimated as they'd never done a dc2 before. But they did a cracking job which was well worth the cost. No signs of wear or frayed stitching in the 6 or so months I've had it either.

Highly recommended.

Last edited:
Isn't the reputation of Bride kind of ruined by the massive number of fakes these days. I know that whenever I see one I immediately assume it's a knockoff.

The proper ones I've sat in are amazingly narrow too, not really made with a western build in mind.

I've sat in two Bride seats. One was a fixed bucket. Vios3 I think. It was snug but I could move around. Would have been ideal as a.track seat for me and although I like my beer and takeaways, I'm not exactly a big lad.

The other one I sat in was one of the recliner carbon backed ones. That was a lager size and in my opinion, the bolsters were less prominent. These were both legit ones at an autosport show.
I couldn't comment on fakes as I have not sat in them.

They are expensive though. But its pretty easy to spot the fake ones.

@ad. Cheers for that. I thought I remembered someone in this thread using their services. A bit of googling brings up loads of happy customers so I'm gonna give them a go.

Fitted the rear parts for my mugen suspension today, simple enough job. Pics to follow. Will hopefully get the fronts sorted this week. The rears are only 5mm lower so its not a huge issue driving for a couple if days wuth stock bits at the front and mugen springs/dampers on the back. First impressions are pretty good in terms of ride quality and handling!

On a negative note :( - my roof is showing the first signs of the paint bubbling/rust issue that effects the front part of the roof just behind the windscreen strip . FN2 owners - what experiences have you had with getting dealers to fix this issue under warranty?

Will, take it to the dealer and just ask them to fix it under corrosion warranty. If they say no start talking about a bulletin that you read on Civinfo or similar that was released specifically for this issue.

All Honda dealers will be aware of the issue.

It was an approved used car, bought in january if this year. It has never been serviced outside of the honda main dealer network and I have documentation from the honda uk computer system to say as such. It has also passed the anti corrosion check as recently as April 2012 and again I have the checklist from then. So it *should* be a straightforward issue to get it sorted. However I am not that impressed with my dealings with the brindley group thus far!

Wheel is back from Jack @ Royal Steering Wheels. Looks and feels lovely!

Before:
IMAG0810.jpg

After:

IMG_3584-2.jpg

@ad. Cheers for that. I thought I remembered someone in this thread using their services. A bit of googling brings up loads of happy customers so I'm gonna give them a go.

Coolio. Think I was quoted 2-3 weeks but mine took about 5. Had a spare though so no problemo.

EDIT: Muffin y u no bride jdm seats 'y0?

as has been said, it's a seat and it does a job. a genuine would be three times the price of what I paid. Sat in a few fakes (with fake takata harnesses, y0) that seemed ok; but in a crash situation I'd not want to be anywhere near it :(

Fitted the rear parts for my mugen suspension today, simple enough job. Pics to follow. Will hopefully get the fronts sorted this week. The rears are only 5mm lower so its not a huge issue driving for a couple if days wuth stock bits at the front and mugen springs/dampers on the back. First impressions are pretty good in terms of ride quality and handling!

On a negative note :( - my roof is showing the first signs of the paint bubbling/rust issue that effects the front part of the roof just behind the windscreen strip . FN2 owners - what experiences have you had with getting dealers to fix this issue under warranty?

As long as its younger than 7 years and has full main dealer history it should be fine, mine was done no questions asked at Swansway in Manchester, took 4 weeks start to finish inc courtesy car for a week

If they turn you away without even going to HUK then its just the dealer being rubbish, just go to the next one

Dont forget to check the tops of the doors as I forgot and was kicking myself when I found more rust there

As long as its younger than 7 years and has full main dealer history it should be fine, mine was done no questions asked at Swansway in Manchester, took 4 weeks start to finish inc courtesy car for a week

If they turn you away without even going to HUK then its just the dealer being rubbish, just go to the next one

Dont forget to check the tops of the doors as I forgot and was kicking myself when I found more rust there

FOUR WEEKS!?

Mine took three days. I didn't go for the courtesy car, as It would have cost me to insure.

They accepted my roof claim and did that, but threw out the door claim. As it wasn't major rust :p

FOUR WEEKS!?

Mine took three days. I didn't go for the courtesy car, as It would have cost me to insure.

They accepted my roof claim and did that, but threw out the door claim. As it wasn't major rust :p

Which garage did you take yours to, JT Hughes?

If I don't get much joy with Brindley in West Brom or Wolves then taking it to somewhere Shropshire is an option, I head out that way fairly often. Shrewsbury is easier but I can make it to Oswestry fairly easily.

as has been said, it's a seat and it does a job. a genuine would be three times the price of what I paid. Sat in a few fakes (with fake takata harnesses, y0) that seemed ok; but in a crash situation I'd not want to be anywhere near it :(

Had a lad in Bradford sell what I presume were fakes but looked awesome for around 700 notes. Never thought about it in a crash situation. I always preferred the Recaros in the ATR though, I find them to be comfortable and supportive.

Haven't gelled with the Recaros in the ST Mondeo.

Back
Top Bottom