Type R and VTEC owners

Had a lad in Bradford sell what I presume were fakes but looked awesome for around 700 notes. Never thought about it in a crash situation. I always preferred the Recaros in the ATR though, I find them to be comfortable and supportive.

Haven't gelled with the Recaros in the ST Mondeo.

700 would be genuine or a massive profit :p

Which garage did you take yours to, JT Hughes?

If I don't get much joy with Brindley in West Brom or Wolves then taking it to somewhere Shropshire is an option, I head out that way fairly often. Shrewsbury is easier but I can make it to Oswestry fairly easily.

Yours will definitely be accepted with the history. I took mine to JT Hughes in Shrewsbury.. They then sent me to jt Hughes Oswestry for the body shop there to take a look. Eventually huk accepted. I took it back to Oswestry and it was done :-)

so the steering wheel saga thickens.

wheel arrived today, im better condition than my current one so i will be swapping them over for the time being.

may as well get the tattier one refurbished.

my options now are, to go with royal steering wheels as was the previous plan, all black alcantara and red stitch.

or

go with another refurber who can offer something different:

KGrHqJHJEkFE2s4BRioDeMtbg60_12.jpg

T2eC16FQE9s3HCoGrBRioDFlfW60_12.jpg

I am thinking, all black alcantara as before, red stitching, [ignore the mugen badge and transformers logo on the windscreen, I will not be considering that] but with a CF top part of the wheel.

opinions?

I have already asked Nath for his input. I am sure you all know which one he went for...

Aint that a bit of a big profile? Wheels are gonna look small :( Which is a shame as they're one of the nicest Rota's you can get.

Same rim size as OEM means same wheel size as OEM (or as close to) to maintain the correct speed on the speedo. Lower the profile and itll over read like hell!

Stiff tyre wall on the AD08 thats clean and not fussy so itll look nice. Look at time attack cars, most run smaller alloy with taller profile, more give in the tyre so nothing wrong with the decision given the purpose of going on track. :)

Aint that a bit of a big profile? Wheels are gonna look small :( Which is a shame as they're one of the nicest Rota's you can get.

wanted 45 profiles but they were out of stock with no eta and my current tyres werre borderline so needs must.

However AM is correct with my stock profile being 55.

My stock wheels are 16 x 6.5 with 195/55/16 tyres

The rotas are 16 x 7.0 with 205/55/16 tyres

Back
Top Bottom