Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
negative!

186_01.jpg

Associate
I'm running Fuchs Titan Pro 5w/40 in mine too.

Its just one of those things you have to do if you want to really take care of your honda.

I ran the fuchs 5w/40 in all my B-Series engines too.

Caporegime
I'm running Fuchs Titan Pro 5w/40 in mine too.

Its just one of those things you have to do if you want to really take care of your honda.

I ran the fuchs 5w/40 in all my B-Series engines too.

Any 5W-40 will do from a decent brand. Its not something you HAVE to do.

If you are concerned about cost though something like Magnatec 5W-40 might help?

Caporegime
Oil doesnt offer perfect protection until X miles then simply stop working. Changing it often means nothing, some crappy stuff might still be crap even if you change it every 2000miles.

It's not like the oil they are talking about above is a Longlife oil either

Dup

Dup

Soldato
The way my EP3 burnt oil it was like doing an oil change every time I topped it up :D It's a resilient engine. Maybe relax your full changes?

Don
Oil doesnt offer perfect protection until X miles then simply stop working. Changing it often means nothing, some crappy stuff might still be crap even if you change it every 2000miles.

It's not like the oil they are talking about above is a Longlife oil either

I appreciate that and I you know your stuff. This stuff isn't junk though is it, compared to the Fuchs? (serious question)

http://www.motul.com/gb/en/products/52

Caporegime
Ha yeah mine has a taste. Nearly on 15k miles on this change all short trips, be interesting to see what the oils like now. Although I've probably put 6 litres of top up in that time.

The motul stuff looks good to me. Full range of specs including our friend in Stuttgart who I'm off to see tomorrow. I'd use that over the original recommendation no problem. API SN and ACEA A3/B4 supersede API SL and ACEA A3/B3, as well as having higher performance requirements.

Back
Top Bottom