Type R and VTEC owners

Associate
422179_3139911584045_1237235287_n.jpg

Picked up my first Honda this week! I'm in love with VTEC!

Soldato
crikey tried pushing down on corners of my 1.8 VTI this afternoon - jelly city - then tried the Type-S and no give at all

just not sure whether to go Type-R now or something different

Associate
Hi guys, I’m getting a 09 Civic Type R next Monday, was just looking for a replacement stereo, pref touch screen that will still let me use the steering wheel controls etc, what will I need and does anyone have a suggestion on make/model to go for? Thanks :)

Soldato
An eibach pro kit sorted my MB6 right out, made a huge difference to the handling for the cost

cheers - my MB6 is beyond worth of having further money spent on it though :( its running out of time

just got the Sat-nav unit to fixon mywifes car now (DVD Read Error) - seems a very common fault

Soldato
Hi guys, I’m getting a 09 Civic Type R next Monday, was just looking for a replacement stereo, pref touch screen that will still let me use the steering wheel controls etc, what will I need and does anyone have a suggestion on make/model to go for? Thanks :)

It has taken me months to find a place that is actually willing to do this for me. One garage had my car for 4 days and didn't even start it because they claimed they would need 12-15 hours and some places outright refused!
The problem is that you need to pretty much take the whole car apart to change to a double din stereo.
You will need the following kit and they are the only people who sell it: http://www.impulsecar.co.uk/product_details.php?productid=MjE=. You must also remember to get a patch lead for whatever brand of HU you get.
I got a Pioneer AVH-2300DVD, it has everything I want and only cost £200 but I haven't seen it for that price since I got mine. Avoid the cheap Chinese makes off e-bay.
You'll get better sound with a decent HU but the factory speakers are really poor so if you can stretch to it I'd strongly recommend changing them too.
If you sign up on Civinfo and then email impulse FAO Bob with your username, he will send you a manual Paypal invoice and take off the £8.33 shipping for the conversion kit. Hope this help.

* The above presumes you mean an FN2 not FD2.

Last edited:
Associate

What are he replacement units from japan like? going on fleebay, do they just go in without all the problems etc? thanks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom