Type R and VTEC owners

the same forum where Syron tyres are good too...

:o

Colleague bought an FN2 and started mentioning them, I verbally bitchslapped him down as fast as the words 'Syron' came out of his mouth.

I don't understand people who spend 8k or whatever on a performance car then run it on normal unleaded and cheap tyres.

Its a £95 tyre in 225/40 r18 88y form. At that price its not going to be as good as everything listed above thats atleast £30extra a corner or MORE.

They never said they were brilliant, they just said they were "ok". I considered them, but admittedly went for the PSS and couldnt be happier. Heaps of grip regardless of weather conditions although when it snowed I would have been better with soap

They're not 'OK' they're bloody awful!

Having a budget is fine, but trying to pass them off as anything other than a ditchfinder is disingenuous from the likes of TDi North imo.

Im just going over my posts and Im struggling greatly to find where i have actually seen myself mention that they recommend them? :D

According to TDi theres nothing wrong with the Syron,

seriouslymemereasonably.jpg

I never liked the Potenzas in the wet either, got Continental CSC5s on mine.

They cost me £97 each, how much are the Syrons again, £94 somebody said previously? The Eagle F1 AS2 was only £104 from Camskill when I was looking as well...hardly worth going for the cheaper/crappier option? :confused: :(

EDIT: Camskill doing F1 AS2s in 225/40 R18 88Y for £96.50 each. Why anyone would go for the Syrons for £95 each I have no idea!

Because some who don't know any better easily get led into hype on internet forums. I myself have fallen for this enough times but the more I learn the less it happens.

Keep coming back to civics every time I get to looking at cars but then I finally came upon a stupid idea. Utterly nuts idea that is. I have a Mondeo I hate but near enough everything is fixed on now and therefore loath to part with a good running car that I've invested in.

So I came up with plan B: Track toy! Seen this Type R locally which interests me - worth a punt or is it just far too cheap? Dodgy looking tyres on it already though.....

Linky

Service history is only partial now I've looked at it again which probably doesn't help with the price. I'm also in no rush and happy to wait for the right car but the idea of a track toy does make me grin.....

Good idea?

Keep coming back to civics every time I get to looking at cars but then I finally came upon a stupid idea. Utterly nuts idea that is. I have a Mondeo I hate but near enough everything is fixed on now and therefore loath to part with a good running car that I've invested in.

So I came up with plan B: Track toy! Seen this Type R locally which interests me - worth a punt or is it just far too cheap? Dodgy looking tyres on it already though.....

Linky

Service history is only partial now I've looked at it again which probably doesn't help with the price. I'm also in no rush and happy to wait for the right car but the idea of a track toy does make me grin.....

Good idea?

Looks like a dog

what's your budget?

Back
Top Bottom