Type R and VTEC owners

Musing the idea of a FN2. It's an 08 plate with 10k on the clock.

What sort of things do you need to look out for on these and was there anything changed on the later models?

2010 onward saw LSD as standard, depending on where in the 07 your car is will mean facelift or no facelift. Essentially all they got was headlight washers which have 2 raised faces on the bumper as a result.

10k miles??? So long as their isnt rust along the front of the roof by the screen and you can change easily from 2nd to 3rd then theres not all to much you need to look as to be honest.

2010 onward saw LSD as standard, depending on where in the 07 your car is will mean facelift or no facelift. Essentially all they got was headlight washers which have 2 raised faces on the bumper as a result.

10k miles??? So long as their isnt rust along the front of the roof by the screen and you can change easily from 2nd to 3rd then theres not all to much you need to look as to be honest.

Hmmm that could be a bit of a deal breaker if it didn't have an LSD. It doesn't look as if it has headlight washers.

Seems very low miles and looks brand new from pictures. Worth a look i think. Maybe shouldn't take it for a drive as my man maths will go crazy… :p

EDIT - It's GT spec…whatever that means?

Last edited:
GT spec means it has the following toys (over base spec)

Dual zone climate control
Cruise control
Auto lights/wipers

Factory fit hid lights came in late 2009, anything earlier than 09/59 will have halogen bulbs. A retrofit using aftermarket parts is pretty straightforward though. All cars with factory fit hids will have washers.

As mentioned, 2010 on or championship white edition cars get an lsd as standard.

As for things to look out for:

Rattles (some worse than others)

Pre 2007 cars had an issue with synchros, honda changed the parts on later cars and tp repair dodgy gearboxes, but did not conduct a mass recall. Check the change from sexond to third at high rpm. Your budget should allow you to buy a later car though that will not display this issue.

Check for recall work - on 08 plate and newer most things were fixed but some cars still went back to honda garages for a handbrake and fuse box mod if I recall.

Check for rusty roof. Honda history seems important to some dealers when it comes to rectifying this issue, others don't care.

Full service history is a must, the k20 is highly strung so looking after it is important.

Your budget should get you a really nice example though. Id want a lsd and a late car with oem hids for £10k.

Thanks for the info guys. Might go take a look at the weekend. Really like the look of the silver.

I think after having two white cars…i feel like i need a change! :p

What's special about the championship?

EDIT -

Championship White edition released with a run of 600, included all of the facelift additions and door handles, petrol filler cap and grill accent were in a dark chrome colour. All CW cars had an LSD as standard.

Last edited:
Finally saw a Champ Cream in the flesh, so glad I didn't pay extra for one, how they can call it white I do not know.

Re prices, I had little interest in mine, Silver 2008 on 37k and I advertised at 7.2, this included free service at a honda dealer in October and a few minor bits like Mugen rear, upgrade Double Din and 4x new F1 ASY 2, 9mth Road Tax and 4mth MOT.

Last edited:
I'm just waiting on delivery of my FN2

This one

got them down to 11k for it which i think wasn't too bad.

It's ex lease stock so it's got full honda service, both kets etc etc.

I can't wait as it's my first decent car.

Back in 2002 i was 20 and went to the local honda dealer and looked at an EP3 CTR and he wouldn't even let me test drive it, infact they were quite rude about it.

Insurance would have been £2500,

how times change, just got quoted £260 fully comp!

I'm sure this has been answered before but at over 6k posts to trawl through i'll ask again.

should i be looking at putting Super in her or will standard do?

anything to look out for?

i would have perhaps gone for a Champ White or Blue car for that price. red are ten a penny.

either way, looks a nice car. and your insurance is laughably low.

in answer to your question, you should be putting super unleaded in it. it is a highly strung NA engine and will benefit from it immensely.

i have put regular in mine once when we had that petrol shortage last year and it ran like a dog.

this shows Logsi above that you can get a good, LSD equipped car around his sort of budget.
when does your car arrive?

Anyone here go to Japfest2?

myself, Nath & AM did.
waiting for Virgin media to fix my internet before i can upload pics :(

95 ron will do. Makes no difference according to civ info members.

It keeps the engine cleaner and ensures deposits are fewer if you run a 97 or 99ron over the standard 95 due to additives. It doesnt make a huge difference but 95 ron does make the car bog in the winter although its not too bad in the summer.

My car is mapped on 99ron so should be used on that as a result.

Back
Top Bottom