Type R and VTEC owners

Todays job....fitting the badge and mesh to this:

LFZsKR3.jpg.png

A slightly more involved job than I had expected (the badge is not a perfect fit to the recess, and there are no mounting brackets/clips for the mesh so I had to improvise a little).

Fitting it doesn't seem like it will be the most straightforward thing ever, it doesn't use the OEM grill mounts and is a bumper off job....

P.S. Its not real. Sorry Nath!

Last edited:
As copies go this is a good one, the genuine Mugen item is hardly the pinnacle of quality and is equally awkward to fit - for something that costs £470 unpainted, without a Honda badge, the 'real' Mugen grill is a rip off in the extreme. It does not use the OEM grill mounting points either.

This is a replica made by a company called Aerokit....now you can tell the difference as they are not identical, but whilst there are differences, the quality and 'ease' of fitment is identical, so I figured why pay more....

Todays job....fitting the badge and mesh to this:

LFZsKR3.jpg.png

A slightly more involved job than I had expected (the badge is not a perfect fit to the recess, and there are no mounting brackets/clips for the mesh so I had to improvise a little).

Fitting it doesn't seem like it will be the most straightforward thing ever, it doesn't use the OEM grill mounts and is a bumper off job....

P.S. Its not real. Sorry Nath!

Wheres the holes for the connection points?? Doesnt look half bad to be honest, where you get it from?

Like so..

2ng7v2r.jpg

EDIT: Just seen the Aerokit.

I didnt think theirs came with the mesh and the the facility to mount the mesh??

Got these fitted now:

Bridgestone Potenza RE050A
205/45 R17 W (88)

£132 each

/edit having driven the car now this tyres are obviously MUCH better that the toss that was on there before. No more tramlining and the card feels a lot more stable and solid.

Very happy :)

The car got a couple of advisories on the MOT about the anti roll bar linkages having excessive play.

I was wondering if this could cause the symptoms my car has where it knocks a little on bumpy roads and at high speeds it seems to judder. Tried it with the new tyres and it still does these things although the judder is much less aggressive.

Thanks,

G

Anyone have any thoughts about these symptoms being related to the linkages?

Sound likely?

Cheers,

G

Wheres the holes for the connection points?? Doesnt look half bad to be honest, where you get it from?

EDIT: Just seen the Aerokit.

I didnt think theirs came with the mesh and the the facility to mount the mesh??

Hence the improvisation. Used some industrial adhesive and plastic strip to support the mesh from the inside, the mesh itself was sourced via ebay. Has turned out well, the mesh is held in very strongly and I have managed to avoid making a mess of the job so it all looks bang on from the front.

I bought it off a guy on civinfo who lives near me, he bought it, had it professionally painted, and bought a new red honda badge (£47!!) for it then decided against fitting it . Saved me a fair bit.

You think that's not expensive? Just to say it's the real thing to the 5 people who are likely to care

Pretty much this.

The whole Mugen thing is a bit 'Anal' I put it down to people buying the genuine parts for £100s of pounds, then being majorly but hurt when someone else gets the same looking copy for a 1/4 of the price.

You think that's not expensive? Just to say it's the real thing to the 5 people who are likely to care

No I don't think it is. Nor should it me made a negative that you like to buy official products and support the companies who make them. Likewise I don't care if people buy fake, even if they try pass it off as real.

Knockoff Nigel's will always justify their actions and try to rationalise it. Mocking people who enjoy genuine product is not the way though.

I got a genuine Mugen rear but had a Fugen spoiler. I hate the argument people use of 'if you can't afford real Mugen then don't bother'
A lot can afford but cannot justify it. I could justify the grille price but £1500 for a spoiler? No way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom