Type R and VTEC owners

So no more than a £300 service at a reputable dealer/independent. Other two are oil changes, can be done for £100 at a garage, or £60 yourself.

I was a bit agressive on down shifting to overtake the other night.

A warning light flashed up on my dash for 1-2 seconds in the top right then went away, still trying to figure out what it meant :o

Got these fitted now:

Bridgestone Potenza RE050A
205/45 R17 W (88)

£132 each

/edit having driven the car now this tyres are obviously MUCH better that the toss that was on there before. No more tramlining and the card feels a lot more stable and solid.

Very happy :)

The car got a couple of advisories on the MOT about the anti roll bar linkages having excessive play.

I was wondering if this could cause the symptoms my car has where it knocks a little on bumpy roads and at high speeds it seems to judder. Tried it with the new tyres and it still does these things although the judder is much less aggressive.

Thanks,

G

Last edited:
No, they are a premium tyre. Ignore the haters, Potenza's suit the Type R's best due to their stiff sidewalls. Other tyres such as the GSD3 may match/beat them in terms of grip, but they lack feel on Type R's due to their somewhat softer sidewalls.

Back
Top Bottom