Type R and VTEC owners

Not at all. A few members on forums I frequent scratched the big power evo itch and ended up back in FD's for the same reason. Murray being one of them, not sure if you know him.
Maybe I should test another one, can you explain how I'm supposed to drive it on the roads to get the most of it? Do I have to do double the speed limit?
I have no doubts on a track it's a different beast but on the roads a bit of a waste IMO. Can anything be done to almost eliminate turbo lag? If that was possible then I might be tempted.
If anything the STI was nicer purely from the sound it made but tbh I always see them as a poor mans Evo even if I did prefer it.

First of, EVO 8, never liked them, laggy and most feel loose and cheap.

IX and X are best, peak torque at 3000-3500rpm. You drive them like you stole them and really chuck them about, this makes them fun. Also tyres are crucial on an EVO, regular tyres make them feel numb, whereas track tyre such as AD08 brings them alive. IX is best on track, X is best on the road and more or less on par with IX on track.

What out for poorly tuned cars, but a well tuned car with 350+ horsepower are great and pull hard too 6500-7000rpm if de-catted. The de-cat is best mod for EVO. :)

this ^

despite me being 99% certain I want an S2000 next, the E46 is on my list of 'stuff to drive' before I get one. [this of course is not being helped by being sat next to Gibbo all day]

gotta try it out though, just in case ;)

I've stripped everything I can from mine now by myself, Joe and Ben can do the rest. :D

I drove it anger today on some of my favourite roads with DSC off, it is mental quick and comes alive when pushed hard and it moves/slides around so progressive, can even enter a corner too fast and just drift/slide it out in control, such a great chassis and very quick indeed. Then it rained, in such conditions still huge grip as long as smooth/gentle on throttle. Be a bit cheeky with the throttle and it's mega tail happy, it's a drift machine but again controllable.

I'm surprised by how good it is actually considering it's just on lowering springs with loads of weight missing from the rear. Once it's on coil overs can see it being superb and a Porsche beater.

The other half has a new job which is 33miles each way via the M4. She wants a Civic but what sort of MPG will a type R FN2 get. Other option is the 1.8(45mpg) or 2.2 (50mpg)

I'm thinking 35 mpg may be possible

Thanks

35mpg on a decent run is doable, my car averages 27mpg around town with lots of short journeys, but getting up to 34-35 is common on fast a roads or motorways if you stick to the speed limit.

They will average between 25-35 depending on how it is driven. MPG does vary quite a lot with the K20, more so than the H22 or B18 I found.

over the last 13,000 miles.. on the onboard trip computer my FN2 is showing 33.2mpg average

the last tank which was mainly motorway and some country road, stuck behind slow traffic (which is my typical commute) i got just over 37mpg

so basically..over 30mpg.. unless you're blasting it everywhere!

Cool thanks. Going to test drive a Black type S GT diesel next weekend.

Type R is probably wasted :(

If it's mpg you want Simon I don't think the Honda is the right way to go, guy at our work had one and I think he was not so happy about the mpg it returned. Shall get him to post here with his experience.

Ok i need opinion
1085023_704306636251860_350910783_o.jpg

Do i want to polish it off or do rest of my bonnet half matt. Not going for carbon poser look just. hmmm somehow looks nice :D. Even that sprayed bit looks like cool. Not sure what i want LOL.

Ps. Not bad for ghetto 25 pound weekend job. When you start from this
5bny.jpg

Last edited:
The biggest problem I see is the rot remaining on the steel within the bottom skin of the bottom.

That **** will come back through like cancer if it hasn't (somehow) been treated.

adam cool dude well i dont have electricity in our ****** garages so only hand polishing is an option :/. And to tape spray was an idea. Measured it to second light in lamp.

-Ad- i know but will give me something to do next year :D i dont mind doing same job on car over and over again with improvements :).

1091220_704328746249649_1921377561_o.jpg

if i was to paint whole bonnet matt black i would defo try this stuff
$(KGrHqF,!okFHVsuSLBlBR3K!SsbbQ~~60_12.JPG

Seen some nice pictures with this.

But eventually i get bored of it and go carbon. Cause like AD said its to rusted to not come back and it will be like bummer and :D

Still i am happy how it turned out for 25 pounds and i got still materials left for any other places that need spraying :D

Last edited:
my clutch pedal is groaning. going to get it sorted this week.
lads who work on my car say it just needs the cable greasing but they will check it all over regardless.

removed my tatty civic badge from the back of the car, the paint behind it has a civic badge shaped recess in it. tried machine polishing it out, still there so going to see if i can get a new badge that doesn't look like its been wire wooled and replace it.

Honda bredrins! The key lock is iffy on the drivers side. Could i swap it with the boot or passenger side key lock? Possible?

By iffy, i mean it sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Its annoying.

Back
Top Bottom