Type R and VTEC owners

Woop woop, new RS2 front booties being fitted tomorrow.

It'll be nice having more than 1.8mm of tread :D

adam cool dude well i dont have electricity in our ****** garages so only hand polishing is an option :/. And to tape spray was an idea. Measured it to second light in lamp.

-Ad- i know but will give me something to do next year :D i dont mind doing same job on car over and over again with improvements :).

Yeah, likely to come back, but you've got some good practise in and had a play around, so not all bad.

I reckon to ensure it doesn't come back you'll likely need a new bonnet.

First of, EVO 8, never liked them, laggy and most feel loose and cheap.

IX and X are best, peak torque at 3000-3500rpm. You drive them like you stole them and really chuck them about, this makes them fun. Also tyres are crucial on an EVO, regular tyres make them feel numb, whereas track tyre such as AD08 brings them alive. IX is best on track, X is best on the road and more or less on par with IX on track.

What out for poorly tuned cars, but a well tuned car with 350+ horsepower are great and pull hard too 6500-7000rpm if de-catted. The de-cat is best mod for EVO. :)

I'm not a track goer so the X sounds great from what you told me previously as well. De-cat is fine as I have a friendly garage when it comes to that. The hunt will likely begin next year, it depends what is going on with my girlfriends job. I really want the built in Nav though, will be a totally complete car then I think.

TaKeN if so ill leave it as it is. **** it i dont care about rust anyway. Just put hammerite on it like i do on other places. That **** lasts ages :D
You cant win with rust on 17 year old honda. Once it starts thats element replacement job. Cause it will come out year after year after year.
My mate had that on hes crx. Bodyshop was fixing it each spring for him for 3 years in row then he went **** it.

Look at this as weight reduction :D

Fugen grill fitted today....almost avoided the rain. Fitment is very good, it does not use the OEM mounting points (neither does the real Mugen one) and the holes don't line up very well under the slam panel, but its no deal breaker. From the outside so long as you adjust the top two bolts, you can get it fitting near enough as well as a factory part. Pretty happy with it.

Excuse the appalling pictures, armageddon storm was incoming...

qjoUGC3.jpg.png

24zKSfz.jpg.png

I'm not a track goer so the X sounds great from what you told me previously as well. De-cat is fine as I have a friendly garage when it comes to that. The hunt will likely begin next year, it depends what is going on with my girlfriends job. I really want the built in Nav though, will be a totally complete car then I think.

The X is the best road going EVO ever, by quite some distance, they got the suspension tunings absolute spot on. Even the worse of roads it handles with a breeze and is hugely confidence inspiring.

Just remember tyres, when I got my X after 3 months I was going to sell it as it was running Vedstrein Ultrac Sessentas which are not a bad tyre, but on the EVO they just made it feel numb, so be ware of the tyre as the EVO X seems to be picky. When I fitted AD08's I no longer wanted to sell it and kept it another 12 months, it was a superb car on those and grip was immense in dry and wet, it was only on freezing wet days you had to be careful but at the same point the communication from the AD08 was good, so it was still fun even at low speeds in low grip situations. :)

A mate of mine is entering a car into Civic Cup next year. He just grabbed a cheap dpfl ep3 and has to take all the mods off it. This is working out well for me.

Spoon Springs & RBC with the adapter at daft cheap prices.

My question is, can you run an RBC without hondata+remap?
It would only be a temporary measure as he would need my standard inlet to comply with championship guidelines.

A mate of mine is entering a car into Civic Cup next year. He just grabbed a cheap dpfl ep3 and has to take all the mods off it. This is working out well for me.

Spoon Springs & RBC with the adapter at daft cheap prices.

My question is, can you run an RBC without hondata+remap?
It would only be a temporary measure as he would need my standard inlet to comply with championship guidelines.

Nice, your car will soon be Spoon Tuned. So you'll need a Spoon sticker to let people know.

http://forums.clubep3.com/showthread.php?t=564540

Q: Will I need a Hondata K-Pro in order to run this manifold?
A: No. However, the only way you're going to maximize the potential of the RBC is by tuning your ECU. A K-Pro is HIGHLY encouraged.

Q: Will I run lean if I put the RBC on?
A: It depends on how many mods you have.

RBC would probably need a remap to run properly, a better flowing inlet manifold will let more air in...which without adjusting things to compensate, will knock out the fuelling, possibly making it run lean.

Are you going to get an exhaust manifold as well? :) Can't see you gaining much with just the RBC, the exhaust manifold is probably the biggest restriction of all now that you've changed intake and have a partial exhaust system.

If you went for RBC, uprated exhaust manifold, with your cat back and gruppe m, get it mapped with hondata you'd probably be up to around 235-240bhp? With a sizable boost in mid range torque as well, that would probably be more noticable than peak gains!

If I go for the RBC, I will sell my N1. A race manifold and an N1 will be silly loud and not track legal.

Plan would be, buy a cheapo race Mani. Sell the N1 to recoup the cost and run the OEM back box.

This would eliminate my spoon tuning potential and ruin any James Bond effect on my vehicle. I wasn't going to bother with lowering but seeing the springs on his car, its subtle and you can't moan for £100. Just need some camber arms.

All in, a second hand K100+remap will be £600ish. £150 for the RBC and hopefully a straight swap of my N1 for a half decent back box.

Looking at £750ish. Big chunk out of the S2000 fund though...

Then about £251 for the springs, spoon decal and camber arms to reestablish JDM Spoon tuning status.

New F1AS2 going on front on Wednesday. Inside edge worn right down due to toe being out for first 5k miles, fixed 5k miles ago, rears still have loads of tread which is stupid for a RWD. Was going to get something different but today reminded me how good they are for winter and wet use.

Oil and air filter change planned at 10k interval as I passed 151k today.

Still need to adjust the tappets. Were last done at 54k. Ooops.

House DiY and work takes up all my time :(

Make your EP3 beastly, S2000's just impractical :)

The S2000 is far more special, yes its deeply impractical and not without its flaws, but I can't feel the way about my Civic as I did about my S2000...its just a bit plain in comparison, sports car versus hot hatch. I'd have had another S2000 like a shot after I crashed mine if I had been able to get a vaguely sensible insurance quote for one. I can't see a modded EP3 ever being as much of an event as driving an S2000.

If I go for the RBC, I will sell my N1. A race manifold and an N1 will be silly loud and not track legal.

Plan would be, buy a cheapo race Mani. Sell the N1 to recoup the cost and run the OEM back box.

This would eliminate my spoon tuning potential and ruin any James Bond effect on my vehicle. I wasn't going to bother with lowering but seeing the springs on his car, its subtle and you can't moan for £100. Just need some camber arms.

All in, a second hand K100+remap will be £600ish. £150 for the RBC and hopefully a straight swap of my N1 for a half decent back box.

Looking at £750ish. Big chunk out of the S2000 fund though...

Then about £251 for the springs, spoon decal and camber arms to reestablish JDM Spoon tuning status.

Yes his ride height was boss, but remember yours will be lower as you've got an interior, his was bear. ;)

Meh S2000 not that impractical, I manage a suitcase, ice hockey kit bag, ice hockey sticks and a rucksack each week for a 300 mile round trip.

Ok so the case and rucksack are my passenger along with the sticks, but still all fits, just :p

Can be annoying when anything that requires more than a small amount of luggage means if 2 of you are needing to go somewhere it can't really be used :(

Going to need some new rear tyres on mine soon, the 050a on there now have lasted a good 12/13k so far but are starting to get low. The fronts still have loads to go, which is good as getting the 050a in the front sizes is near impossible nowadays.

Make your EP3 beastly, S2000's just impractical :)

thats half of the problem

I can't see a modded EP3 ever being as much of an event as driving an S2000.

thats the other half of the problem :p

Yes his ride height was boss, but remember yours will be lower as you've got an interior, his was bear. ;)

only marginally. spoon springs with a full interior are still quite subtle. obviously Toms civic was higher as its just a rolling shell with the engine in at the moment but I have spokent to a lot of guys running spoon springs at shows and they sit nicely. the car doesn't look lowered if that makes sense?
spoon springs are 20mm reduction in ride height all round on a standard car, wouldnt want to go lower tbh

got my new gear knob
945969_705289599486897_2088275802_n.jpg

Won on ebay brand new 21 pounds shipped next day :D

Back
Top Bottom