Type R and VTEC owners

I got stung by expensive tax. No difference between a 07 and 06 facelift apart from the tax. Saying that though, insurance is so crazy that I would definitely buy on condition rather than just wade into a 06 for the sake of a couple of hundred quid a year if you can't find a decent one. I wouldn't rush to trade my 07, but I'd probably be looking at a 2005 rev 3 if I bought again.

gallery_1260_382_19633468454b02ec6d53f0d.jpg

Guys, is a clean DC5 worth nearly double of a clean EP3?

I was saving up for a EP3 and was hoping to spend 4.5-5kish on one, but someone I know with a DC5 said its a much nicer car all in and to save more and get one, but clean examples appear to be 7-8k, are they worth all the extra?

Having got myself a nice little bonus and pay rise from work I was thinking about getting myself a newer bigger, faster car, the FN2 type-R is on my to test drive list, but is 7K enough to net me a decent example or is it not worth bothering at this price point?

Guys, is a clean DC5 worth nearly double of a clean EP3?

I was saving up for a EP3 and was hoping to spend 4.5-5kish on one, but someone I know with a DC5 said its a much nicer car all in and to save more and get one, but clean examples appear to be 7-8k, are they worth all the extra?

can open, worms everywhere.

its down to what you want essentially and if you think that a DC5 is 'double the money' better

got someone interested in the CRX.
Do I get a cheap 2.5k EP3 or keep the CRX? hmm

i would keep the CRX. not many about and yours is a clean example from what i remember. is there a reason you are looking to get rid of it?

Having got myself a nice little bonus and pay rise from work I was thinking about getting myself a newer bigger, faster car, the FN2 type-R is on my to test drive list, but is 7K enough to net me a decent example or is it not worth bothering at this price point?

7k should get you a nice one now. Plenty of people in this thread will slate it...its not especially quick, well built, or good in handling terms 'out of the box', but for the money they command now and as a compromise they are quite a good buy as an 'all rounder'.

7k should get you a nice one now. Plenty of people in this thread will slate it...its not especially quick, well built, or good in handling terms 'out of the box', but for the money they command now and as a compromise they are quite a good buy as an 'all rounder'.

good to know, I'm coming from an 06 polo GTI, which has been great but I just fancy a change and something marginally larger. I used to have a celica which had a "rev the heck out of the engine" driving style which was great fun and something I fancy a return to.

Other cars on my short list are the focus ST 2.5T and probably some kind of 2.0TFSI VAGmobile, although the civic was the top of my list due to the looks and revvy engine style.

Back
Top Bottom