Type R and VTEC owners

The formulation used for that product has Porsche A40 approval (so has ran in Porsches approval test, which as you can imagine, is pretty severe), it also meets one of the most demanding specifications VW 505 01 which is for VW PD engines. Using oils without this spec can literally cause the cams to wear away due to the massive pressures due to the cam driven unit injectors. It's good stuff.

I use it in my S2000 on the track.

According to Castrol website only 5W-40 has A40 approval and the turbo diesel version does not list A40 approval.

Is it just a case they are both same oil and on the diesel branded version they don't list the Porsche approval as Porsche don't do diesel cars?

Its a marketing rather than technical reason why A40 its not on the bottle, the key specification on there is VW 505 01 which the non diesel product doesnt have. Most people would get confused with a turbo diesel product having a Porsche spec.

Porsche have one diesel, the Cayenne V6 diesel but this asks for the Porsche C30 spec but this is the same as VW 504 507.

1379373_10152037756460864_112145515_n.jpg

Happened a couple months back, not my car, my friends.

He was travelling straight on, had right of way. Focus can be seen in the background turned right crossing my friends path causing him to hit the Focus while trying to avoid him by turning left. No one was hurt.

Insurance have sided with my friend and the police report stated it was 100% the Focus drivers fault.

Got paid out a decent amount for the car but its a shame as it was a really nice example. 52k, premier edition on an 06 plate.

Now he is looking at FN2's as EP3 insurance has doubled for him.

S2000,

Another post of many about a car I'd like to buy in the very near future, and just had a look at insurance prices these are now on my list.

What do I need to know, so far all I know is a 2006 GT is the car to go for? Are they much difference to 03-05 cars?

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom