Type R and VTEC owners

RJ, you are getting a Cosmic Grey S2000, right? Seen one not long ago with a carbon lip and fins, looked awesome.

as Simon mentioned, its Moonrock. nice colour, a little darker than my civic, more of a graphite shade.

Ideally I would like Moonrock Grey, Indy Yellow, Imola Orange or Grand Prix White

Moonrock is probably my favourite as it usually gets accompanied by more interesting interiors but the others do stand out more.

not much to choose from at the moment though as I said a few days ago.

As suggested when I first listed the Civic, I have gone and done a new set of pictures which should get a bit more interest on the car. so with Pistonheads and AutoTrader updated, hopefully people will be interested in buying my car rather than trying to swap their random crap for it...

will put them on here in case anyone is interested.

DSC_4673Medium.jpg

DSC_4674Medium.jpg

DSC_4679Medium.jpg

DSC_4676Medium.jpg

DSC_4677Medium.jpg

DSC_4681Medium.jpg

DSC_4680Medium.jpg

DSC_4686Medium.jpg

DSC_4684Medium.jpg

DSC_4675Medium.jpg

DSC_4682Medium.jpg

DSC_4683Medium.jpg

DSC_4689Medium.jpg

DSC_4691Medium.jpg

DSC_4687Medium.jpg

DSC_4693Medium.jpg

DSC_4697Medium.jpg

I'm not a tyre snob but I have done quite a few miles in an EP3 equipped with KU39 tyres. I would want to be paying the extra for better tyres for sure. They have also worn out in no time, approx 4k miles on the front.

I ran KU39's on my Type R (not forgetting I skimped because it had a Magnex exhaust :p) - the improvement over the Toyo T1R's which were on it when I got it was HUGE. I don't drive like a bell end though and never pushed the car beyond MY skill but had no issue but I did have a FRSU done on the car also with adjustable camber bits etc.

No issues with wear really, fronts lasted around 9k and backs 15-16k.

To go up to a more premium tyre was quite a jump in price. I think I paid 75 quid a corner fitted for the KU39's opposed to 115-120 for something arguably a step up such as Uniroyal Rainsport 2's etc. Nevermind the Bridgestones and such.

What's the sidewall like on the Kuhmo?

I had KU31 in 195/50/15 (55 is the standard size). For my driving they were great, never felt them flop.

The trouble I had with them was the wear. The fronts were completely dead in about 8000 miles of normal road use with a little spirited driving mixed in. Didn't need the car for commuting, so I only drove in the dry towards the end :p

-

Move to PE2, rotated them at 6500 miles (3mm and 6mm), currently at 16000 miles for the whole set. These are a better tyre in terms of feedback and feel, but I wouldn't knock the KU31. Good solid mid range tyre.

With around 2.5mm fronts, 3mm rear remaining.

I've had a set of RE002's waiting to go on since last February. Going to hold out a month until it goes in for it's MOT. Will still have ~2mm by the time that comes around.

You should have got the Syron street race tyres :p

Goodyear AS2s are well recommended on the FN2 forum. That's a far superior vehicle to the EP3, so you should be fine.

My EP3 front tyres (RE040 x2, Parada Spec 2 & Utrac sessentas) never lasted over 6k miles... and they wore evenly. Think that was just my driving though...

Back
Top Bottom