Type R and VTEC owners

Thought it was time to get cracking on the car, mate helped me secure the garage with some padlocks as I don't trust the standard lock. Can do the MOT as soon as my new lines show up from TEGI****

AJWFnFH.jpg

Also it's transpired that I can now successfully grow vegetation in my car :D Moisture absorbers aren't doing much in the cold :(

B4H3rJC.jpg

5uV6wdI.jpg

It's only the old Recaro's and steering wheel, everything else is mould free as it's not had as much skin contact I guess.

DAT MOULD

How long will it be before you can really drive it Muffin?

If I can get the MOT this week or the next I can start to take it out on dry weekends to run it in. It's due and oil change to semi as it's been sat a while and I think i did the 200 miles I was told to on the Mineral Oil. So another 1300 worth of running before it's time to do a valve check and then I can drive it properly.

It won't be using it for commuting so it's going to take a while! Unfortunately I can't just sit on the motorway with it I have to give it varying loads and avoid idling it (according to the internet and the bloke who sold me the engine)

Was his s2000 in as good a condition as yours? What was wrong with yours the odd scrape and ding?

Found some oil on the bottom of the sump. Looked fresh so will have it fixed this week. He also picked fault with the brakes and the rear arch.

In honesty, his S2000 had a bit of wear on the drivers seat and the wheel refurb looks crap IMO but its worth 6500 or thereabouts I reckon. The market for them is awful at the moment so I'm going to hold on to my money until I see something worthy.

Seen a few 06+ GT cars but they are all 9k+

I'm actually quite glad he was as picky as he was as it suggests he will be equally as picky about his car.

Said there was a lip on the discs and that they were shot.
No mention of it on my MOT end a few weeks back and they are fine for me but I guess it was just nitpicking. An oil leak would have put me off too.

Seen another I like but the budget would be a stretch, going to check if its still there Monday.

Something will turn up I'm sure.

Different wheels and suspension changes (softer). Tax goes from ~£250 to £450 after march 2006.

From FAQ
• New Colours - Deep Burgundy Metallic, Bermuda Blue Metallic
• New Interior Colour - Brown Leather
• Drive-By-Wire Throttle System. Ues a computer sensor to input throttle as opposed to pulling on the throttle cable
• Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) with traction control option on MY06, standard on MY08. A combination of computer controlled throttle and individual wheel braking to control sudden changes in vehicle behavior. VSA has a turn-off switch where the defrost button (moved) used to be.
• 20 lbs heavier
• Redesigned road wheels
• Redesigned steering wheel
• Brake Assist, which helps drivers apply full braking pressure in an accident avoidance situation via the ABS actuator. Braking pressure is maintained momentarily after the driver's initial braking action to help the driver stop promptly. It deactivates when the driver releases pressure on the brake pedal
• Exterior temperature gauge
• New seats (interfaced to air bags for weight and position)
• 4 of the 8 speaker audio system are integrated roll bar speakers

Last edited:
Why are your seats and steering wheel mouldy Muffin?:confused: Bad seals on the doors and windows?

Done a bit on mine this weekend. Got a refurb gear knob for £10 plus my old one and I've sprayed the door handle silver trim inserts as they were a bit worn.

Need two new front tyres too. Gonna go for Kumho KU39's I think (come at me bro).

Back
Top Bottom