Type R and VTEC owners

Weird, they've always been top notch when I've used them. Quick to respond to PM's/emails. Quick to post items too.

You're one of the lucky ones.

I've had a number of things wrong, delivered to wrong address, parts clearly so far out of tolerance that stevey wonder could see it from 10km away etc :p

Just to pipe in here, I'd totally recommend the RE002 tyres, I'm really liking them. I'm going to put it out there, I think I prefer them to the Neova AD08. Infinitely better than those crap heap Eagle F1s.

Evening all,

I'm toying with the idea of part chopping my 08 Fiesta ST for a Civic Type R. I should get around £3600 part ex for the Fiesta.

What are the running costs going to be compared to the ST? They are both N/A 2.0l engines. Also, what sort of money am I talking for a decent car with around 60-70k on the clock?

Thanks.

Just to pipe in here, I'd totally recommend the RE002 tyres, I'm really liking them. I'm going to put it out there, I think I prefer them to the Neova AD08. Infinitely better than those crap heap Eagle F1s.

Yes they are crap. That's why they top3 most reviews. They are brilliant as a daily driver tyre, obviously not elite enough for 'because race car' but I'd challenge you to find the RE002 better than F1AS2 in crappy condition we face day to day

Yes they are crap. That's why they top3 most reviews. They are brilliant as a daily driver tyre, obviously not elite enough for 'because race car' but I'd challenge you to find the RE002 better than F1AS2 in crappy condition we face day to day

Well it's how you'd argue 'better' but what can't be denied is the ability of the F1 to let you cover ground quickly in any weather.

Evening all,

I'm toying with the idea of part chopping my 08 Fiesta ST for a Civic Type R. I should get around £3600 part ex for the Fiesta.

What are the running costs going to be compared to the ST? They are both N/A 2.0l engines. Also, what sort of money am I talking for a decent car with around 60-70k on the clock?

Thanks.

3600 will get you a nice pre-facelift with sub 70k miles.

If you prefer the facelift you might need to save a few more pennies.

My Fiesta ST (back to front somewhat!) costs loads less to maintain and run than my Type R but the Type R won't break the bank. Where I worked went bust so it made sense to cash in at the time but expect 27-28mpg going steady, don't mess with the suspension, just keep it well serviced with good fluids, oil tip topped up and there's very little to go wrong :) Mine cost little apart from when I had it lowered, not cheap to do.

I would sell your ST privately, they're worth 4500 if in good shape, low miles etc. Buy as new a Type R with 60-70k on and good history, owned by someone into them who's had it for a few years and you won't be needing to spend extra on top IMO :)

I sold my 80k 54 plate Type R for 4600 last april and paid 4400 for my 58 plate ST in July on 42k with a boat load of spare bits which I sold to make the car cost around £3600! Worthless boxes lol. Type R's are just about still holding on EP3 stylee.

Last edited:
jaunting off to Peterborough this weekend. potential PX for this on the cards. but waiting to hear from them on a price to change.

I have a guy coming from leeds who is mega keen on saturday morning. If he decides he doesn't like it then i have a back up plan at least.

Easy challenge then because I definitely do. Grip might not be quite there in the wet but it's a closely matched thing. Potenza have actual rigidity in them though so you can feel what's going on and you don't have a strange latency in the controls and body movement. Even if it had much lower grip, I'd feel more confident on them. Ofc I've been over this a hundred times but I enjoy hating on the Eagles so here we go again.
Top 3 yada yada, there's a lot more to a tyre than braking distances.

Back
Top Bottom