Type R and VTEC owners

I ran Titan Pro S 5w/40 for a while on mine to keep up with the last owners use of it.

To me it burnt quickly and the engine always sounded a little bit...tappety. Not too bad but it seemed a bit noisy.

I ended up moving to Shell Helix Ultra (I think) 5w/40, burnt it less quickly and the engine sounded a bit smoother, seemed to be good oil for about £20 less per 5L.

I don't think milage is too much of a concern personally, maybe worth having a browse on Type R owners or Civictype-r forums for recommendations but definitely stick to 5w/40 no matter what. I used to change mine every 6k so it got expensive with Pro S but not so painful for the last couple of changes with Shell.

Not sure i would be keen on the rebuilt engine either. I would want something which had some miles on it to know its going to work good.

But if it does work fine then it would be awesome!

Just got myself another EP3 through a part ex. Milano red, 02 Plate, 140k Mileage. No paint fade from what I can see. Few minor dings and age related scratches but the car drives brilliant. Has a few extra's on it such as a K&N apollo induction kit and a scorpion catback exhaust.

Was thinking of putting it up for £2300? Opinion? :)

Just got myself another EP3 through a part ex. Milano red, 02 Plate, 140k Mileage. No paint fade from what I can see. Few minor dings and age related scratches but the car drives brilliant. Has a few extra's on it such as a K&N apollo induction kit and a scorpion catback exhaust.

Was thinking of putting it up for £2300? Opinion? :)

Depends on condition, 140k is high mileage, but I reckon £2100 is a good price. You'll probably end up attracting 'vtec bruv' type of potential buyers.

I'm tempted by a EP3 at the moment. Just want to experience ownership for a while, getting bored by diesel ownership.

I think you're wrong. Do a glass's valuation, I bet it's close to 3k.

Edit: unless its the non A/C model.

Seriously though, ep3 must be the best bang for buck hatch right now.

Last edited:
I think you're wrong. Do a glass's valuation, I bet it's close to 3k.

Edit: unless its the non A/C model.

Seriously though, ep3 must be the best bang for buck hatch right now.

No A/C in this but not really needed at this time of year. Took it for a spin today. Defiantly drives brilliant, no issues at all!

Definitely so, cost hardly anything to run. Only replaced my timing chain since 2010. Love it and hopefully many further years of ownership.

Have to agree with that. Brilliant little cars :)

They are great. I have to say I'm tempted with another but I do around 18k a year so it'd cost a lot in fuel really... only bit which puts me off.

Aircon was neither here nor there for me, wouldn't affect the price I was willing to pay if the condition was good. I think 3k would be a lot to pay for one with that milage and knocking on 12 years old but I don't see why you'd not be able to put it up for £2400 and take £2200+ :)

They are great. I have to say I'm tempted with another but I do around 18k a year so it'd cost a lot in fuel really... only bit which puts me off.

Aircon was neither here nor there for me, wouldn't affect the price I was willing to pay if the condition was good. I think 3k would be a lot to pay for one with that milage and knocking on 12 years old but I don't see why you'd not be able to put it up for £2400 and take £2200+ :)

No-one wants the non-A/C models it seems. I made sure mine had A/C purely to help with re-sale, although it will be nice in the summer:o

Back
Top Bottom