Type R and VTEC owners

new tyres on the front of the S2000 today

the autoguard rubbish that was supplied... upon further inspection, one was a new tyre, the other was a part worn with one shoulder heavily worn.

sigh at honda garage.
if i didnt get the money knocked off for them, i would be massively annoyed.

I'm not infirm so the harsh ride doesn't bother me. I'm really beginning to resent this house buying stuff, if it falls through I'm getting something ridiculous.

Last edited:
FD2 is nice but looks a bit of a barge, then again I don't really like saloons and if I did have one it would have to have a snail and push out a lot more than 240bhp.

I'm talking about the length of the car, I can't see weight. Also, a common trend I notice on all car threads, is that a lot of the for and against arguments are things that really would only apply on track, which of course is how everyone gets to work.

Last edited:
Many people say changing springs on the fn2 gives a better ride. I have read that the stock springs are unusual in that they are linear springs, more the sort of thing you normally find on cheap coilovers. A change to a decent progressive spring brings around some considerable improvements.

I know my old car rode better on the mugen sports suspension kit (matched progressive springs and uprated dampers by sachs), despite being lower and less prone to roll.

I'm talking about the length of the car, I can't see weight. Also, a common trend I notice on all car threads, is that a lot of the for and against arguments are things that really would only apply on track, which of course is how everyone gets to work.

Wheelbase
Hatchback: 2,620 mm (103 in)
Sedan: 2,700 mm (106 in)

Length
Hatchback: 4,264.7 mm (167.9 in)
Sedan: 4,539.0 mm (178.7 in) (FD2)

Width
Hatchback: 1,785.6 mm (70.3 in)
Sedan: 1,770.4 mm (69.7 in)

Height
Hatchback: 1,445.3 mm (56.9 in)
Sedan: 1,430.0 mm (56.3 in)