Type R and VTEC owners

Agree with the simple look. I think the high level oem spoiler looks superb with the hardtop but with the top down, a spoiler looks a bit odd.

Something will come up I'm sure. No non genuine ebay tat will be adorning my vehicle though. My dream of a terrifyingly large Voltex carbon GT wing with enormous uprights is wild and romantic, but it is a silly idea that will not work in the real world.

I wanted an S with the OEM lip on ideally but it wasn't a deal breaker. Expensive addition maybe but it was always going to be the first thing I did if the car I bought didn't have one.

For the record also, I have 0 points on my licence. Clearly my EP3 was not fast enough.

To be fair, the ebay tat clone OEM style spolers actually look very good for the money (about £60) and come pre painted. They're not like the front lips which don't always fit right and still need painting.

Granted, I do much prefer the GT high wings though

You're the exception to the rule tim now that rjk has sold out :(

do6g.gif

Gibbo that was reason that put me off 3000GT. Most of them in bad state. Not maintained properly. And there is loads of stuff that can brake on those. Hondas simple build simple to repair :D

Mustang did look cool outside OCUK in Stoke tho :]

Good evening chaps.

Been thinking for a while about getting a type r, im thinking an ep3, what sort of prices am I looking at for a half decent one? Don't want a modified rice mobile, so would like a relatively standard one that I can play with myself. Having a quick look there was one that seemed unmolested, with 76k on the clock for about 4100, is that the sort of ball park I'm looking at or is it likely to be a rotter at that price?

£4k is a good budget to have looking for an EP3, always keep in mind there's so many for sale that if you want one in excellent condition then hold out for one they are not scarce enough to justify taking anything that comes up. If I was looking for 'The One' to keep and polish I wouldn't grumble at £1k to get the deal done and get something I was really happy with. Do you have a link to the one for sale?

Excellent buying guide written by Stormster off these forums, read it here: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/s...ing-guide-check-list-for-the-EP3-Civic-Type-R

Agreed with Muffin. £4k is a good budget to work with but there's loads for sale. It's a buyer market right now so you'll be able to get something really nice. What colour are you after? If you extend your budget by £500-1000, you may be able to pick up a low mileage premier edition for that price :)

I sold mine for £4k and it was properly sorted. You will be able to command a very nice car for that money.

As muffin says, plenty about and well worth holding out for something good rather than putting up with rotters trying to flog their pocket money modded **** boxes for 4k+

£4k is a good budget to have looking for an EP3, always keep in mind there's so many for sale that if you want one in excellent condition then hold out for one they are not scarce enough to justify taking anything that comes up. If I was looking for 'The One' to keep and polish I wouldn't grumble at £1k to get the deal done and get something I was really happy with. Do you have a link to the one for sale?

Excellent buying guide written by Stormster off these forums, read it here: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/s...ing-guide-check-list-for-the-EP3-Civic-Type-R

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201401070861378

Here's the one i was talking about, so 4-5k is a decent budget to be looking around at then. Colours, must say wasn't a colour high on my list, but i am liking the grey, also like white and black as well.

Barry wheels and rear lights. Avoid.
Grey is the best colour.
Look for a premier edition. Its worth it for the recaro seats alone.

Back
Top Bottom