Type R and VTEC owners

I think people buying a car in 2015 may require more than simplicity and purposefulness for their probable £25k+ Agree on Castrol livery, best suited to an old school Celica! Now granted, if I wanted a fun track toy I'd buy an EK9, but for daily driving? Not a chance in hell.

Don't disagree, as much as I hate how the market, the cars and how Honda have become, this is the type of car that will attract the crowd and bring in the monies. But won't stop me from looking back to the 'golden era' in fondness.

Don't disagree, as much as I hate how the market, the cars and how Honda have become, this is the type of car that will attract the crowd and bring in the monies. But won't stop me from looking back to the 'golden era' in fondness.

I certainly appreciate the Honda history and I know those who have been a fan will never appreciate the newer ones. I think as I've got older my tastes have changed somewhat because I used to think barebones was cool, but now I want gadgets. Comfort isn't a prime factor yet though.

The front of the new Type R is great but the back is a bit OTT, 4 exhausts is just too many for any hatchback, it looks almost a caricature now. Some of the detailing is a bit fussy too, though it may be simplified a little for the production car. Still think I'd rather have a Mk2 Focus RS, from a looks point of view.

Why not? The old double wishbone suspension is all kinds of better than the new ones. It can handle great and still ride comfortably for a start.

Because it looks dated inside and out and I do not want an old car, I like digital speedos, I like all the lights, I like the seats, I like the steering wheel controls etc. Regardless of how much better the car might be round the track it's not better for me as my one and only car which I drive on roads and not a track to work.
I'm not taking a step back in one thing to move forward in another.

Can't stand quad pipes on hatches either, just looks so silly.

Because it looks dated inside and out and I do not want an old car, I like digital speedos, I like all the lights, I like the seats, I like the steering wheel controls etc. Regardless of how much better the car might be round the track it's not better for me as my one and only car which I drive on roads and not a track to work.

This is why IMO, they should have specced and marketed the Type S moniker as a performance model with gadgets and other goodies, and kept the Type R to it's original design brief and philosophy of being a stripped down pure performance drivers car.

I don't think it's mutually exclusive. GTR managed it and there's no reason Honda can't with the new one. Offering two variations would also help as is rumoured.

I like digital speedos, I like all the lights, I like the seats, I like the steering wheel controls etc.

So life with a pair of baps and no meat and 2 veg is going well then :D

Oh and you don't want an EK9 for track work, it's at least £2k of pure scene tax. A Teg with tatty bodywork would be a far better way to get a track car, strip it out selling all the bits, then just abuse her all day long around the track. Cheap awesomness!

So life with a pair of baps and no meat and 2 veg is going well then :D

Oh and you don't want an EK9 for track work, it's at least £2k of pure scene tax. A Teg with tatty bodywork would be a far better way to get a track car, strip it out selling all the bits, then just abuse her all day long around the track. Cheap awesomness!

I don't want a track car really at all. So um, I presume your BMW has no toys in it then and is purely bare bones ;)
I saw a red EK9 and an EP3 playing on a 40mph road at god knows what speed today. Another reason I don't want those cars. Unfortunately assumptions can easily be made and are often true when cars get a bit too cheap. Like the FN2 in a few years.
Side note, were you part of any clubs with your teg?

I don't want a track car really at all.

Same, but I think it's going to be one. Expensive habbit :(

So um, I presume your BMW has no toys in it then and is purely bare bones ;)

No options at all........ Clearly down to me being soo hardcore and not down to me being too late to the deal party and options costing loads :p

I know it's going to be amazing, but the steering feel is going to feel like, well, nothing compared to the Teg. I think I'm going to rediscover my love for the Teg but really start to hate the lack of immediate torque and power!

I saw a red EK9 and an EP3 playing on a 40mph road at god knows what speed today. Another reason I don't want those cars. Unfortunately assumptions can easily be made and are often true when cars get a bit too cheap. Like the FN2 in a few years.
Side note, were you part of any clubs with your teg?

Yup, plenty of people driving these things like twunts on lower spped limit and town type roads. ****ers!

Just on itr-dc2. Don't have time for laods of forums, clubs and standing around in carparks talking about headers and coilovers. Just prefer to drive out West in the Highlands on heavenly roads :)

Yup, plenty of people driving these things like twunts on lower spped limit and town type roads. ****ers!

Twunts drive at ridiculous speeds in inappropriate areas irrespective of the car they are driving. I see far more pillocks in Corsas and Fiestas doing this than I do in Civics.

Back
Top Bottom