Type R and VTEC owners

Treated myself to a HKS RSK induction kit and Flash Pro for my fn2 yesterday. HSK is fantastic, such a meaty throaty sound! The seller previously had his car remapped with flash pro and HSK by vitviper and he also included that remap free of charge. Group N is meant to be a big improvement and apparently the remap he's included is even better, can't wait to try them out tomorrow :D

The group N flashpro map just makes a lot of noise and gives you a bit more torque but its very obviously not optimal.

A proper map made a big difference to my old FN2 (with mugen intake and cat back milltek exhaust), mine was done by Vitviper, improved throttle response over the Gp N map and much more urgency. Had so many little tweaks to that map as well, had about 28 revisions to it with a datalog run each time. Think the guy is a perfectionist really! Expect you will like it.

The group N flashpro map just makes a lot of noise and gives you a bit more torque but its very obviously not optimal.

A proper map made a big difference to my old FN2 (with mugen intake and cat back milltek exhaust), mine was done by Vitviper, improved throttle response over the Gp N map and much more urgency. Had so many little tweaks to that map as well, had about 28 revisions to it with a datalog run each time. Think the guy is a perfectionist really! Expect you will like it.

From what I've heard, group N is pretty much like stock but has a lot more mid range power due to the lower vtec point but I've driven my mates FN2 with group N and it's defiantly a lot better than stock.

And just like you will, the person I bought the HSK and flash pro off had his car remapped by Vitviper aswell, he also had roughly 30 revisions and it's pretty much perfect now. He's emailed the remap over today so will have a play tomorrow. :)

I was underwhelmed with group N given people said it 'transformed' the car, its still a bit flat, you get VTEC noise lower down in the rev range but not much more pull. Its better than stock but not all that. Custom map was much better...you've done the right thing to get one, though it may not be optimal to your car.

Manifold swap is what will bring you the biggest smiles with a K20 though, with a map to suit. Starts getting very pricey then mind.

Vitalliy is brilliant. He did my car as well, I was a wee bit sceptical at first as all the know it all's said etuning was balls but as Paul @ TDI has said a few times, he's done remaps on Vit's e-tunes and had to change very little if anything. That said, if I lived close to TDI or Eurospec I'd have a dyno tune for sure.
Group N is nonsense. Had it on for 5 minutes.

I was underwhelmed with group N given people said it 'transformed' the car, its still a bit flat, you get VTEC noise lower down in the rev range but not much more pull. Its better than stock but not all that. Custom map was much better...you've done the right thing to get one, though it may not be optimal to your car.

Manifold swap is what will bring you the biggest smiles with a K20 though, with a map to suit. Starts getting very pricey then mind.

The remap should be perfect as it was only done with HSK. May invest in a manifold in the future but I need to get rid of my other Fn2 and s2000 first.

Vitalliy is brilliant. He did my car as well, I was a wee bit sceptical at first as all the know it all's said etuning was balls but as Paul @ TDI has said a few times, he's done remaps on Vit's e-tunes and had to change very little if anything. That said, if I lived close to TDI or Eurospec I'd have a dyno tune for sure.
Group N is nonsense. Had it on for 5 minutes.

I'm not far from TDi but the fact the remap was included for free with the gear I bought and was opitimized for the same stuff, I'm not complaining but if I do end up investing in a manifold then I'll go to Tdi for sure :)

I personally wouldn't trust an e-tune from someone elses car. Although it should be close if you have the same mods there will still be a difference in the AFR ratios etc but I doubt it would be drastic enough to cause any damage. I'd strongly recommend a mani and remap though, best two mods I did along with the CAI. Infact that's as far as my engine mods went.

I personally wouldn't trust an e-tune from someone elses car. Although it should be close if you have the same mods there will still be a difference in the AFR ratios etc but I doubt it would be drastic enough to cause any damage. I'd strongly recommend a mani and remap though, best two mods I did along with the CAI. Infact that's as far as my engine mods went.

I'll use this etune for now and will invest in a manifold as soon as either my silver fn2 or s2000 is sold and get it remapped properly by Paul @ tdi :)

Is it worth getting a intake manifold aswell along with 70mm throttle body? Such as RRC and spoon tb?

Depends, very very little bang for your buck but if you think you might want to do it at some point then it makes sense to get all the stuff in one go before the remap, otherwise you'll end up paying for more. It was further than I wanted to go anyway.

Few S2000 questions for Simon and co. Got my cheque from the insurance company. EP3 sold to a work mate!

Do the early 1999/2000 ones all have rusty rear arches?
How many miles have you put on your clutch?
What other problems have you had? Are the engine mounts still good with 100k+ miles?
Does the roof still work OK? (I think I'd want a hard top though tbh).

edit: found this http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/301506-technical-faq-v21/#entry7523823

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom