Type R and VTEC owners

Having had mine over a year Howard.. I'll tell you.

*Stock springs are HARSH, fitting Eibach -15mm Progressive springs makes the ride a lot better.

*18" Wheels are too big, dropping to 17" ones improves the ride once again. AVOID the 19" Rage wheels (for the above reasons)

*The car should have come with an LSD. I think 10 Plates onwards have these fitted now!

*The seats are absolutely awesome, like a lovely big hug. Unfortunately the passengers front seat makes a funny noise when nobody is sat in it, and the interior has a habbit of rattling in funny places.

Looks really nice. Get some 000 wirewool and autosol and polish them exhaust triangles up, I'll be doing mine tomorrow so will show post up some before and after pics.

Here's my "daily" FN2:

Vr0lLAa.jpg
o1Nuj67.jpg
kYaSN5G.jpg
7HU4Jfi.jpg
xFe4mJ6.jpg
QUFDgy8.jpg

Before anyone points out, yes I already know the rear number plate is off centre and will be getting a few things done to it aswell, wheels need a refurb and few clips need replacing here and there, other than that it's brilliant. Flash Pro and HSK with remap have changed the car completely :)

Enjoying it loads so far, given me pretty much everything I was after, - car was £7k so well under what I was prepared to spend, nippy, good space in the boot for mutley, modern enough that the boss won't complain about driving it etc.

I had a diseasel one before so knew what I was getting into in terms of the overall car. Guess the one thing I'd do if you were interested in one at all is have a good drive as its obviously totally different to any 6 cylinder. I'm quite happy for it to drive like any other 2 litre hatch then give it death when I want it to move, some other people not so much!

Triangles will be done when I clean it up tomorrow - good point above r.e 18's - it is firm, don't really mind tho.

Like the milano above, half considered gp bits but tbh they get kinda lost due to the colour

Quick interior PIC too with the new gaiter and knob

(Might need to resize can't see properly from phone)

Last edited:
That gear knob is terrible rodenal. Put the oem one back on.

I quite like it! Original is still here anyway and takes 2 seconds to swap if I feel like it. What I'd really like to find is one that matches the trim, never seen one though

Biggest difference is the gaiter really, the old one was in terrible shape

Last edited:
I erred between love and hate with my FN2.

Love:
Gearbox
Seats
Revvy engine
Toys
Space

Hate:
Brakes
Handling
Ride
Rattles

I spent a lot of money on mine, improved the handling with an lsd and the mugen suspension kit but out of the box the handling was a disappointment, numb steering and not must adjustability despite the hard ride. Was like a different car after the handling mods and frsu but then it should have been given the cost.

FN2 isn't a car that an enthusiast or Honda nut would appreciate out of the box, they need money spending on them to get the best out of them, if you're willing to pump a lot of money into one then they can be a great car but otherwise they are quite disappointing although they do look nice they also attract a lot of unwanted attention

A lot of it is level of expectation tbh, some people put these cars onto a pedastal they don't belong on.

I think you're right I did exactly that and although initially I really liked mine it grew tiresome very quickly although part of me wishes I kept it and fitted some eibach's as that was my main issue with the car, second being the seat bolsters

My ATR just chewed through a set of fronts in just over 5k. F1AS2's, owned quite a few different performance Hondas over the years and never experienced such quick tyre wear. How do the Bridgestones wear?

Does anyone know the part number/name for this pipe please?

Checked my oil and topped up my screen wash and noticed the completely wrong pipe is on there and it's not even connected to the engine, It's only taken me about 9 months of ownership. :p

How much could this be effecting performance/economy out of interest?

You wont notice any difference when its replaced, it just vents out to the intake the previous owner probably had an induction kit which means the breather was blanked off somehow or had a different pipe making the connection

Last edited:
oil breather pipe.

part looks to be included as part of the air box lid on the honda parts list. [£80+ replacement]

a bit of silicone tubing and some hose clamps will sort it though.

Back
Top Bottom