Type R and VTEC owners

Simon/rjkoneill. Do you drive your S2000 through the winter or do you have second/company cars?

I have used mine for a good few winters now in pretty much all sort of winter conditions and one thing i will say about it is that on any decent amount of ice or snow is a quite a white knuckle ride pretty much regardless of speed.

Spent last new year in Lincoln and then drove back up (inverness) on new years day. As im sure some of you mind there was a lot of rain at that point. The rain was fine but as soon as we hit the drumochter pass there is very heavy snow which clearly had falling in quite a short space of time. The wife was driving at the time and was utterly terrified so we quickly swapped over. I fought the car the whole way over the pass trying to make it go straight which was a battle.

Clearly though the issue here is poor choice of tyres. the RE050 are just not great in low temp/grip conditions. Im sure with proper winter grips it would have been easy. As plenty people always say the s2000 is very sensitive to change so it tends to act more extreme than most other motors.

Rear toe (compensator) arm sheared on the way home.

Managed to get her home very slowly and safely before finding the above. Refurbed 2yrs ago and protected with built hamber healing primer, but the roads, weather and conditions up here look to have taken their toll on the arm and are a likely contributory factor.

Not a great week with the new 3 weeks old sexy crashed into, now ol faithful Teg out of action. But luckily I was delivered an S Max courtesy car to work today and it looks like I might be having a man suspension car weekend and will get the geo and corner weighting done.

Last edited:
-Ad- no luck :(

Muffin` mine is most scabby looking. Front lip is mostly covered by black hammerite from scratching it against curbs and **** :D. DIY spray on bonnet and more hammerite on drivers arch after 2 inch of paint fell off with rust lolz.

But i dont care just clean it hammerite it and no rust. By now i should just spray whole car with it :D

Bloody hell Ad. Not having much luck are you. :(

Not at all it seems :(

I can get cheap arms easily enough and should have her healthy again this weekend. Then I need another weekend to go mental with a wire brush then get some Bilt Hamber spray underseal on all the arms and something like Sonax PNS or Wheel sealant on the threads of all compnents to help protect them.

And to top it off, the Integra now feels like a Cinquicento compared to the M135, no power, no torque and not much speed, just lots of noise! Handles rather well though when arms arn't snapping off :D

Guys and Gals,

My DC2 needs the timing sorted as it's way out (done quickly and poorly with a timing light). The engines only done 500 miles so should I get the valves checked before or after the timing? Or leave the valves to the scheduled 2.5k comes up.

Guys and Gals,

My DC2 needs the timing sorted as it's way out (done quickly and poorly with a timing light). The engines only done 500 miles so should I get the valves checked before or after the timing? Or leave the valves to the scheduled 2.5k comes up.

Ideally I'd do both at the same time, but failing that I'd say the valves after the timing.

480901_494808443905828_657781689_n.jpg

10289876_645395638847107_818021418829581455_n.jpg

and some from track with no roof
183624_520540467999292_1821739748_n.jpg

Thats my mates s2k with spoiler. Proud owner for like 10 years now :D For me that is how s2k should look :P

YES Zed! thats what im talking about.

those volks are delicious as well.

is your friends car a JDM type S?

My front plate is looking a bit loose at the moment. I think it may fall off soon.

Back
Top Bottom