Type R and VTEC owners

I hate not having money but I work hard for what I have. [and I absolutely bloody love cars]

its not a sum of money that most people can shrug off, but the seibon replica is £500 and looks crap.

the way I see it is that when I used to run my EP3, I was spending £300 a month in fuel travelling to work. I have since moved within walking distance of work and my car is a weekend luxury. two months fuel saved pays for the wing. purchase justification at its finest :D

the other wings I have looked at:
J's Racing - £Mental
Spoon - £1500+
Mugen -£1500

Makes the CR wing seem a lot more reasonable.

I like it because it suits the car, is an OEM Honda part, Looks OEM but makes the car look more unique, will fit perfectly and [judging by my past purchases] will retain a good chunk of its value come resale.

you simply dont see the CR wing on UK cars.
I would rather spend a little more and have something much more exclusive on my car.

so Rybo. when are you getting an enormous GT wing for your mondeo?

also @ Mike, brilliant photo :cool:

Last edited:
That Accord would be worth £3150, doubt seller would drop to £3k. I'd however say £3k, if he won't budge, stick £3150 in front of his face.

Tell him it's what you have or walk off. Looks to be in good condition, but it ain't worth what he's priced it at. It's 9 years old, has a good spec but 2.0l engine. Not exactly exclusive.

I do have a feeling he'll say £3.5k to reel you into the deal.

Hi my front brakes on my ep3 aren't well. Drivers side on way home from work tonight got very warm To point steam was coming off (or some sort of smoke). Car was pulling to left a bit too.

Is my gut instinct right and guessing caliper sticking on drivers side? Tempted to get some new discs and pads and fit those and see how the caliper looks and see if the piston moves back ok.

Anyone know any where in wakefield which are good to sort this?

Yeah. Was hoping a strip down and clean would fix the sticking issue. Has worked on a few threads I've read.

Is it a caliper rebuild kit I need? They seem easy to fit if I can get it apart ok. Drive car daily so sending the caliper off isn't ideal :(

Freeing it off and cleaning it up may well work for a while but won't fix the problem.

Ideally you need to have a look at it and check the piston for pitting, if there is any then just replace the caliper, otherwise a rebuild kit is cheap and its simple work - though it helps to have done one before or have someone to hand that has.

If you're worried about it just buy a new caliper, easy swap

Might strip it down and clean it all up tomorrow. Order a refurb kit and get it fitted. Watched a few videos and seems ok (famous last words)

I've got the type r embroider caliper seem harder to get hold off

I love a stupid JDM y0 BGW as much as the next guy, but that CR thing looks absolutely pants and you'd be bats**t to spend that ludicrous amount on one.

Picked my 'teg up tonight, first time I've had it running and moving for a month, which was when it came off the road on ice :(

Fair bit of body work needs sorting, but absolutely nothing mechanically wrong with it, clutch and gear changes are fine and no vibration in the steering. Bit noisy in the cabin but that's from the bent exhaust!

Going to be a pricey couple of months getting it sorted, but in less than 6 months it'll be in better nick than when I bought it! :D

Back
Top Bottom