Type R and VTEC owners

Sorry to crash the party with a mundane question. :)

My DelSol is up for some new tyres shortly and although the current Uniroyal Rain jobbies have been quite decent, actually not a bad tyre at all. I fancy something sportier if that is possible. Size is 195/50 15.

Any ideas?

Bridgestone RE002

Yes, drove one several years ago. Evo's are hardly comfortable, nor was my DC5 etc etc.

Appreciate that, if you've been in one then fair enough - it's one of the least comfortable cars I've ever been in. Never noticed it half as much with any of the Integras or the FN2. In fact the only cars i've been in which were as needlessly hard have been those with el cheapo coilovers fitted!

PFL EP3 tell me about them.

Quite ugly, still good fun

unfortunately they're at the price point where they're affordable to chavs and barry boys. If you can live with the image they're great.

what do you want to know exactly? I've owned a PFL and FL.

I need something which is reliable. I need something on edge and feel an ep3 is perfect for that. The price is attracting now and I wouldn't mind one to use for a few years. Just need advice on what to look for when it comes to buying.

I think the FD2 will be a disappointment after a DC5. Get an S2000 for something a bit different.

That's just it. I don't like the FL DC5, and PFL's with low mileage are going for stupid prices.

But I have always hankered after an S2K. Just worried a little about depreciation.

Chris, may I ask why you're getting rid of the evo?

I don't think an S2000 will lose much value at all. Cars with similar spec to mine have been £8-9k since I have been looking at them. The market seems to have been frozen for a good few years on them same with the FD2 really as they have been £14kish for a good few years.

I think the advent of a new CTR will see a mild drop on FN2 and EP3 prices but I doubt it will impact FD2 prices as they are so rare.

As good as the FD2 is, its still just a fwd k20 Honda. The S2000 is a step up IMHO as it forces you to physically change your driving style. It is a lot more fun to hustle and genuinely more rewarding than a grippy diff equipped civic.

What has Des said about your heresy?

Last edited:
Chris, may I ask why you're getting rid of the evo?

The best thing about the Evo is also it's worst downfall - its stupendous A to B pace. I don't think there's a road where I've gone down where I've used anywhere near 400 horses except

I don't think an S2000 will lose much value at all. Cars with similar spec to mine have been £8-9k since I have been looking at them. The market seems to have been frozen for a good few years on them same with the FD2 really as they have been £14kish for a good few years.

I think the advent of a new CTR will see a mild drop on FN2 and EP3 prices but I doubt it will impact FD2 prices as they are so rare.

As good as the FD2 is, its still just a fwd k20 Honda. The S2000 is a step up IMHO as it forces you to physically change your driving style. It is a lot more fun to hustle and genuinely more rewarding than a grippy diff equipped civic.

What has Des said about your heresy?

Just fancy a change mate. I think Des said get an S2K as I've hankered after one for about 10 years. Scratch the itch, if I don't like it then chin it off and get something else.

I am going to go view a ep3 today. It's a pre-facelift Milano Red on a '02 with 105k on the clock. What should I look for apart from the rust, vc's, oil leaks, clutch, oh and release bearing!

Back
Top Bottom