Type R and VTEC owners

I know :(

This was sparked off by being overtaken by one with the roof down earlier today. Great memories.

Need to sort buying this house and settle into the new job... and then I'll look into it.

Your Evo was amazing. Still got to scratch that itch myself and can't see me going back to a Honda once I've left. Then again, I've seen enough people say that and come limping back.

I find the damage story quite hard to believe, given that repairing mine was never in doubt for a new door, repair to sill , sill cover, new arch trims front and rear, repair to rear quarter, new panel for the door jamb etc plus paint all along the near side. It's the exact same age but with 75k so will be worth a useful amount less to the insurer

I've seen picture's of the damage as well. It really wasn't that bad, only the things I mentioned plus I've owned several FN2's and got one for myself as well so know them inside out literally. I've just never owned a categorized one so not sure what to price it at hence me asking :)

I've seen picture's of the damage as well. It really wasn't that bad, only the things I mentioned plus I've owned several FN2's and got one for myself as well so know them inside out literally. I've just never owned a categorized one so not sure what to price it at hence me asking :)

Fair enough, just don't see how that damage equates to a write off and neither will people looking at it who can see beyond the headline price so be particularly careful how you market it.

Broad brush terms about 30% off will make it attractively cheap I'd say, around what £6k asking for a car with that mileage?

Think I'll go for Michelin Pilot Sport PS3, but not 100% sure yet.

Also need a head unit with iPod connectivity that works with the in built controls. Does the little cover close with the Alpine IDA-X variants?

What tyres are people using on their S2000's?

Firstly, car looks great. :)

Sounds like the deal was around the right price. I paid £500 less than you for a GT with hardtop from a dealer but that was mid Jan.

I think the full Honda history really adds a lot to these cars, I know when I was looking that I wasn't considering anything without it.

As for tyres, the strongly suggested tyres are the RE050MZ

They are not the RE050a. The mz were available from Event tyres. I got them on mine as the rears were fairly new and it was cheaper to go for two new fronts.

I have found it good to learn the car on a standard road tyre, but I will be moving to the AD08R when I need new tyres/buy aftermarket wheels. Whichever comes first.

Simon mentioned the EagleF1 as a good tyre as the compliant sidewalls handle road driving better. I think my personal preference is for tyres with stiffer sidewalls as I like a lot of feedback.

Also, head units, I have an Alpine IDA-X311RR that I had in my civic. It fits behind the door fine. The wire for iPod I have routed from the rear and under the leather trim into the slide back tray next to the handbrake. I just dremeled a small hole into there and have my iPod in it.

This thread has a load of info on what cable you need for controls

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/106..._25__p__22984804__fromsearch__1#entry22984804

I can take pics if it helps you.

Last edited:
Cheers mate. Looking at what was available on PH for the year/mileage, I don't think I did too bad. I did consider the GT, but TBH I can't be bothered with having to clear out the garage and storing it. I'd hardly ever use it so didn't go looking for one.

I have read about the MZ, but wasn't able to locate any. I use a local fitter rather online so will drop them an email and see if they can source any. The car currently has RE050's on, but I am not sure which variant if any. Off for a drive shortly so will take a look.

As yourself, I want to get used to the road manners of the car before I put on ultra sticky rubber, I'd rather an all round and compliant road tyre first.

I tried the F1A2 on my Evo, I was impressed with the all weather ability, but I felt feedback and feel were lacking so I though I'd look at something else.

Also, head units, I have an Alpine IDA-X311RR that I had in my civic. It fits behind the door fine. The wire for iPod I have routed from the rear and under the leather trim into the slide back tray next to the handbrake. I just dremeled a small hole into there and have my iPod in it.

I can take pics if it helps you.

Cheers, will take a look at the unit. Don't really want to be drilling anywhere. Ideally I'd want my iPod in the rear glove box so it can be locked in.

F1as2 work on mine as it's set up stiff with poly bushes. And more importantly I drive B roads to work so they are ideal as a daily driver as they cope with standing water/ mud and potholes very well and give very good grip. I can drive it in the wet almost like the dry. With Bridgestones they need heat to work and can be a bit twitchy which isn't ideal on a S2000

The bridgestones are better for higher speed driving and if you don't use the car everyday. I imagine the later cars are a little bit soggy on soft tyres too

What did surprise me. Is how well the F1as2 worked on the track. No tyre beading and didn't seem to wear that much.

Cheers Simon. Currently have RE050 MZ on the rear and I think normal ones one the front, well, I can't spot the MZ marking.

Just been up the Forest of Dean - it's lol worthy how fun it is. Back end started stepping out on a sweeping bend, but it was lovely and progressive and a simple flick of the wheel and I was straight again. Really enjoying it.

Had a go in an Fn2 today. I really like the interior compared to the EP3. Ep3 just seems much more sharper in the handling department? It seems more agile to throw about, but the fn2 seems more planted. It didn't have an LSD but I am told after 2010 they do.

Back
Top Bottom