Type R and VTEC owners

Not entirely sure really. Ideal world I would like to try out both, I'm pretty much on the fence really.

Everyone on S2Ki seems to rave about the Meister coilovers but they are surely far too cheap to be any good.

For context, I am looking at Ohlins, KW and Bilstein

I can't help but think that Eibachs paired with Konis would be decent but only a small step up from stock. Whereas coilovers offer the benefit of more adjustment and perhaps.better handling?

Are you going to be adjusting them much. And playing with ride height and spring force?

Sure coilovers may have ultimate benefit when set up properly. But the konis will be 90% straight out of the box.

Last edited:
Of course is doesn't sound anything like it but people will always try to chuck something OTT in just to help it sell. I've seen civics with more miles and less mods go for more.

DSC_8483.jpg

Brakes are nicely bedded in now.

- The feel of braided lines is now a lot more noticeable.
- DS2500 have the same feeling they had on my EP3.
- Discs seem to add a very responsive element to the mix. the whole brake system seems very immediate. no squealing, just a lot of responsiveness and progressive pedal feel.
- had the master cylinder brace off today so I can paint it. I have noticed a small amount more initial bite from adding this, but nothing more. at 30%+ pedal application it seems to have no impact
- fresh calipers are fantastic. that was a great move.

DSC_8483.jpg

Brakes are nicely bedded in now.

- The feel of braided lines is now a lot more noticeable.
- DS2500 have the same feeling they had on my EP3.
- Discs seem to add a very responsive element to the mix. the whole brake system seems very immediate. no squealing, just a lot of responsiveness and progressive pedal feel.
- had the master cylinder brace off today so I can paint it. I have noticed a small amount more initial bite from adding this, but nothing more. at 30%+ pedal application it seems to have no impact
- fresh calipers are fantastic. that was a great move.

The responsiveness will be from none stuck calipers. The rest will be very small in comparison. Fresh fluid too.

I would say it feels improved from how my civic was. Not massively better but prolonged abuse seems much better handled.by the system as a whole. I'm happy with the results.

I drove my civic, similar setup and weight for long enough to be able to compare the difference.

For the money, I think it would be hard to beat. £700 all in compared to a set of Spoon calipers seems like an absolute bargain.

Either way, I.am.very happy with my brakes now. Responsiveness where I want it and a lot of pedal feedback when needed.

Last edited:
Doing and appreciating Brakes & suspension setup > chasing BHP, amirite?

Just at the Dyno myself here to eek out some power on the Dyno. Race cars, race cars everywhere

That's sort of my thinking. And part of the reason I'm considering upping my suspension budget to get coilovers.

As Simon says (lol) the Koni yellows and good springs will be 90% setup out of the box. It probably isn't worth it for someone who isn't planning on messing with settings too much but I guess its nice to have the option there I guess?

There is literally no point trying to gain BHP on the F20 without going FI so it seems sensible to have the car stopping and handling as best as my budgets allow.

Need to make a servicing decision soon.

When I got the car I was adamant that I'd keep the Honda history as it's only had 1 owner before me and always been serviced at the same Dealer.

It's due it's 72.5k service, so plugs, valve clearances, usual oil&filter and I think transmission fluid too - £500 or thereabouts from a Dealer. The indy I've used before, who is excellent and well known for Honda is coming in at £340 for the same.

My past experiences with Honda mean I really don't trust them to do even the basics, plus with the change I'd potentially get the indy to swap over the fuel filter (which looks a complete pain in the ****) ....then again is it worth saving £150 or so to break the otherwise perfect manufacturer history? It's had the roof done under warranty etc so I wouldn't need to worry about that.

I just know that if I was looking for one, full Honda history would make a car stand out, even if I wouldn't necessarily pay much more for it

How do you find overtaking and building speed once rolling? S2000 owners.

Short version: great, as long as revs are high.

Coming from a torquey ST220 you won't like it at first. 40 mph overtakes for me have gone from 3rd/4th/5th in the Evo to 2nd in the S2000 if it's a short gap, you really have to work the engine to get the most out of it. It can be quite lethargic between 3k-5k. But as Simon has said, once the revs are up and you learn to use the engine as it's meant to then it becomes easy.

Back
Top Bottom