Type R and VTEC owners

Yeah, sorry, pretty much meant are there any common problems or things that need replacing on the EP3 around 60k miles?
I've not done that much research at all really.

I would much prefer the FN2 but £5k is the absolute maximum, it'll likely only be driven for 6 months of the year so can't justify spending more.

I currently have two FN2's. Just advertised one of them for £6995 as it's low mileage, I'll be advertising mine soon for £5595 aswell so not far away from your budget :)

If the roof rust has been sorted its worth mentioning as Honda are starting to become awkward about repairs - other than that remove the blurb at the start about s2000's etc and I think it's fine.

Also either its a one owner car and you're a trader ( which I know you are but the internet doesn't) or its a two owner car, worth clearing up discreetly in the Ad

For someone who clearly buys and sells a lot of this specific type of car, it seems odd that you are struggling with writing an ad for it.

Keep it simple. A sentence or two on the following:
- reason for sale
- any niggles
- service history
- hpi status

Then move onto listing the spec.
Then list any upgrades.

That's all you need. Nobody has time to sift through the dross, they just want facts.

Sort of tempted to up the budget to 7K for an FN2.. Won't be until the end of August or September though, so will have to see what's abou![

Unless I can sell my current car sooner that is..

Last edited:
Yeah SS, cut it out with the trading on here pal.

Its all well and good asking for advice on an advert but it does always feel like you're trying to flog something in this thread.

Its against forum rules. Don't do it.

Rust, rust and more bloody rust.

"You describe it as very good condition"
"yeah it is one of the best i have seen around"
"No rust then?"
*pause*
"Yeah, both rear arches are starting to rust"

Rust = Skip, ****ing hate the stuff.

If you have 'make an offer' on and someone makes one, it'll not let you edit the original text, only add onto it.

I've not had offers through ebay yet, just messages but it still wont let me do it.

Rust, rust and more bloody rust.

"You describe it as very good condition"
"yeah it is one of the best i have seen around"
"No rust then?"
*pause*
"Yeah, both rear arches are starting to rust"

Rust = Skip, ****ing hate the stuff.

S2000?

Yeah. Was cheap, so expected it really.

Seems to be a tactic some sellers use, I remember when my mate was looking for a S2000, on the phone he was told the car has no rust on it at all, when we got down there, the rear arches were really badly rusted and the seller was like "Oh you didn't ask me about the arches, tell you what I'll knock £100 off". We walked away...:rolleyes:

amazing how these points "slip" the sellers mind until you're there in person and point it out....

"oh that kinda rust.... yeah... has loads of that..... I thought you meant did it have that survival game that's on steam..." :p

also cant remember if I said before but think my mate isn't going to bother with the MG intake :p think he's not going to bother with the rip off one (or at least hold out till a more adequately priced one comes along) :p

btu then again... that was a week or so ago... may have changed his mind again ;)

also think more of my mates are turning into v-tec yoing fanboys as more have mentioned potentially getting civics :p

Last edited:
Got my alloys booked in for refurb. woot. Can anyone help me out with a silver paint code? I know the pre-facelift has diamond cut alloys but what's the paint code for the facelift silver alloys?

Also, I plan on getting new centre caps and sticking on a H. (Is the H usually black btw?) Shall I apply a coat of clear lacquer over the sticker once applied or will the lacquer peel off quicker than a naked H would?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom