Type R and VTEC owners

The standard one is metallic and high flow already. Do it properly :p

Oh and stop the cheque book modding, understand how the mods work together rather than just chucking random things at it. You may as well gone for AEM at what you've paid

I'm after a new car, can't handle going from a fast bike to a slow car!
Got about £5k to spend - CTR EP3 a good idea?

Quick look on ebay shows them going within with around 60k miles for around my budget.
What needs doing at around 60k ?

Cheers

I'm after a new car, can't handle going from a fast bike to a slow car!
Got about £5k to spend - CTR EP3 a good idea?

Quick look on ebay shows them going within with around 60k miles for around my budget.
What needs doing at around 60k ?

Cheers

What needs doing? That's hard to say without looking at a specific car in question...

No timing belts to worry about as they're chain driven. Clutch should be good for another 20k or so. Valve clearances could do with being checked before it hits 100k. That's it. Keep the oil topped up and service it regularly and enjoy it.

There's been a couple up for sale recently that have been well looked after, but it depends on how much you want to spend in all honesty. Generally speaking they're well looked after, but there has been one or two popping up that have clearly been neglected and the cars' are in a sorry state.

What needs doing? That's hard to say without looking at a specific car in question...

Yeah, sorry, pretty much meant are there any common problems or things that need replacing on the EP3 around 60k miles?
I've not done that much research at all really.

Raise your budget a tiny bit more and you can buy one of my FN2's of me :)

I would much prefer the FN2 but £5k is the absolute maximum, it'll likely only be driven for 6 months of the year so can't justify spending more.

Back
Top Bottom