Type R and VTEC owners

Its more about the sidewall stiffness. The car was developed to run on RE040. The 50a is a progression of that and provides decent grip and nice feedback.

I replaced my rain sports on my ST with Parada spec2 which many people consider to be atrocious. The spec2 were good all rounders and decent in dry conditions. They were a massive improvement over the RS2.

All depends on tune you want. If/when I go for a remap I am keeping vtec kick. Dont care about no power below 5400rpm :D It makes car fun to drive even tho its not most efficient :D But when it starts screaming its like car going in to crazy mode. Thats what i love about my DC2 :D

Its more about the sidewall stiffness. The car was developed to run on RE040. The 50a is a progression of that and provides decent grip and nice feedback.

I replaced my rain sports on my ST with Parada spec2 which many people consider to be atrocious. The spec2 were good all rounders and decent in dry conditions. They were a massive improvement over the RS2.

Rainsport 2 = Rainsport 2
Hankook RS2 = RS2

Now, the RS2 are epic tyres, although hard to get these days!

And, why get RS3 for a CTR, get some performance tyres, not squidgy compromised tyres suited for the rain.

A lot of people will have had opposite experiences to Rich with the tyres he mentioned.

I've owned neither on any of my cars but from driving friends motors the rainsport 2's were excellent in all weather conditions and the Prada's were terrible in anything but dry conditions.

I think for the price of rainsport 3's I'd give them a bash.

I'm not a track racer at the minute. I've got 9 points, so just a little blast is fine for the minute.

I need to be quiet for a couple of years at least :)

You don't need to obliterate the speed limit to have good, safe fun on the roads. I have all my fun below the limits on truly great roads and choosing the best tyres suited to the car and the handling characteristics are of utmost importance and should be for everyone who has a performance car.

If he wants to cheap out and not admit it then leave him to it ad, I'm missing my rs2s since fitting re002s but it's soooo much more comfortable with some give and 55 profile

I'm not a track racer at the minute. I've got 9 points, so just a little blast is fine for the minute.

I need to be quiet for a couple of years at least :)

and? nath has AD08s on his hybrid!!

surely equipping your car with the best tyres available to you would both increase your enjoyment of the car and also improve the handling in corners. the one place where you will have fun at legal speeds.

You don't need to obliterate the speed limit to have good, safe fun on the roads.

this.

we wouldn't all be driving hondas if straight line speed was a concern.

and? nath has AD08s on his hybrid!!

surely equipping your car with the best tyres available to you would both increase your enjoyment of the car and also improve the handling in corners. the one place where you will have fun at legal speeds.

this.

we wouldn't all be driving hondas if straight line speed was a concern.

Dayum right son.

To both points.

Big BHP is for people with small genitals.

Sublime chassis balance is key.

Refurbished wheel is through. It has some tiny marks on it, for what I'm paying, should I be disappointed and contact the 'seller'?

What other mods you go to go with the flashpro ? This isn't a K20 so you need at least a decat to see any gains. These gains will be midrange too due to the lower vtec. Throttle on the DBW also gets sharper too

Flashpro on a stock engine won't do much.

Stock for now, I'll get a decat at some point.

The "kick" is put into the map for an effect by Honda. The kick is not a smooth mapping.

The kick was mapped in by Honda on the K20 series, but not the earlier models AFAIK.

Chris you should have said, you could have had my de-cat. Just sold it on ebay now my Berk high flow cat is fitted.

Kick mapping is news to me. I thought the kick was the switch to the high lift vtec cam. Maybe that's a B series thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom