Type R and VTEC owners

I thought you guys might like this... Weekend driving my Dad's S in the North York Moors.

Amazing scenery, amazing weather, amazing roads!

Make sure you watch in HD!

Amazing roads? Dunno about you but I like roads without sheep all over them.

PS Too much time looking at you. And why's your dad not driving?!

Amazing roads? Dunno about you but I like roads without sheep all over them.

PS Too much time looking at you. And why's your dad not driving?!

I thought a short clip of the sheep was a nice touch! Slow down for the animals, at one with nature, that kinda thing!

He drives it all the time, I got 2 days insurance as a birthday present last year so it was my turn for the weekend. :)

No, but it's an old car now If we're being honest here :o

Similar age to a pre-EP3? :confused:

ATR might not be the best looking, but it does handle/drive/go very well. They'll only appreciate in value over the next coming years. There are still some gems out there to be had. Kind of regret that I let mine go, but needs must and all.

That ^

If it was next level incredible, it would have been worth every penny to make yours right. Make it yours, and make it perfect.

You only have to look at the level of commitment that muffin has put into his DC2. Financially, that car would have been a total write off many times but he has been more committed to ensuring the car sees further use than any owner I can recall.
He deserves commendation for that but I cant ever recall crossing paths with anybody taking up that sort if financial commitment on an ATR.

'Rose tinted glasses' it all you like, the majority of ATRs are in the hands of morons, and from the sounds of Stormster's poor luck recently, the ATR isn't far off where the pfl EP3 is. Good ones might be about atill but they simply aren't for sale.

I sold mine because I got sick of it. Gearbox main shaft bearing went in the box. So it would have involved a gearbox clutch fly and whatever else. At the time I had enough of it and my mileage increased to 20k so I bought a derv.

I was in two minds of keeping it stored but I decided against it and let it go. It was great bodywork wise in very good nick for it's age.

I respect muffin in that he's thrown ££££ at his. I would have given up a long time ago.

Seen a 58 plate FN2, dude says I can have it for 6100, it's in Kent though, about 400 miles round and lack of time is a bummer, sounds fairly mint, 67k though (which is no issue as thats a brill price) but I bet it will go in the next 2 days :( Wasn't really looking at spending that much but it seems cheaply cheap. 1 owner, FHSH. I still aint driven one yet though... need go a couple of garages if I can this weekend to test drive a couple!

Otherwise struggling get hold of this trader selling this car. No answer to the phone or response to texts? :-/ Keen to get down this weekend but the missus now thinks I should get an FN2. I like them apart from that back end, not too sure. EP3's are great for what they are but pretty sparse and do look a bit dated now if I have to admit it. Itching to get some vtak again :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIV...4170278?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3ce7a1ad26

Last edited:
£6k seems incredibly cheap, give it a thorough looking at / check the history.

Mine is very similar, Honda history, 2 owners, 58 plate, roof done etc but on about 77k and I wouldn't be selling it for close to 6 grand if it was going anywhere just now - I'd expect to be able to just about get that as a trade in

Well you do cover a lot of miles? A 1.6 Focus would be better overall than a DC2 in those circumstances, but it's not a better car.

When I had both, I think I was doing about 5000 miles per year.

Why lol? Have you owned both for a long period of time? I feel I'm in a better position than most to make judgement.

Sure, the DC2 is the better drive, it revs harder and longer, the gearbox is better. But overall when you're making progress on UK roads, the ATR's suppleness soaked up the bumps better and it was miles better on long distances.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom