Type R and VTEC owners

It could have a 2jz in there and I still wouldn't buy one because I don't like the way it looks.

If I was driving a boring daily or a motorway commuter then I probably wouldn't be fussed what my car looked like, but realistically we are all here talking about cars because we like cars. And generally speaking, most people who like their car buy it based on many factors but one of them will always be the way it looks.

Edit- Reply rjk:
Yes. But you don't go around telling your mates their missus are minging do you.

People like different things

Ps since when does a 2JZ help any car get 'better' ?!?

Edit- Reply rjk:
Yes. But you don't go around telling your mates their missus are minging do you.

People like different things

Ps since when does a 2JZ help any car get 'better' ?!?

because a 2JZ usually means beserk performance which is usually better right?

I dont understand the mates missus thing.

Err. I think you need to re read the thread

No I don't.

You went off on one about how you don't like MY car.

I was stating I don't think ATR's in general look good. I wasn't personally digging at anyone, unlike you.

Edit- Reply rjk:

You certainly don't. But nobody in this thread currently owns an ATR.

Which means I'm basically saying that their Ex missus is minging

And that's OK.

:)

Last edited:
because a 2JZ usually means beserk performance which is usually better right?

I dont understand the mates missus thing.

No I don't.

You went off on one about how you don't like MY car.

I was stating I don't think ATR's in general look good. I wasn't personally digging at anyone, unlike you.

The mates missus is pretty obvious analogy. It shouldn't need explaining

You quoted me when I wasn't even taking to you. I clearly said lolrover in response to vita.

The mates missus is pretty obvious analogy. It shouldn't need explaining

You quoted me when I wasn't even taking to you. I clearly said lolrover in response to vita.

Well rjk has proved that first bit obsolete in this thread anyway.

And the second, ok.

Doesn't explain the personal dig for no reasons does it hombre.

:cool:

Simon it's only the back which reminds me of a rover 600. I have never made it a issue. I couldn't care what it looked like. It bloody drives well and that's all that matters to me. The reason why I bought an ATR was because I needed 4 doors and some comfort. The LSD was a bonus.

Maybe the CL1 Euro-R would have been a better bet for the Uk.

I think it's safe to say that the ITR and ATR are two very different cars.

The ITR has some quite simply mad attention to detail. There is a superb BMI episode about them, explaining the build process, and then upgrades on the 98 spec over 96 spec. Its a fascinating watch.

I've never been lucky enough to go out in a ITR ... Let alone drive one, but I do remember going out in Jonnycoupes SIR with willwood brakes at one of the OCUK RR days when I used to run them. It was so incredibly raw, something only track cars come close to .... IN MY OPINION. I loved it, but....

The ATR is a totally different proposition. They are quick. Ask Jedifragger and Simon. I remember on a private road those two when Simon had his, close to 250bhp R220 turbo and to my memory, there was not much in it. This, in a car you can take the wife and kids to the in laws in a civilised manner, and hoon like a goon when circumstances allow. Personally, I like the styling. So what if it shares rover bits, I don't see mk1 Elise's being slated for this.

Life is about personal tastes. Anyone who suggests they are naff doesn't get the target market they are aimed at.

21-30 male. Single or no children... ITR
married man/family man with children in tow... ATR

So my random car changing continues.

Deposit paid on this:

02b98e5be3caa9e2e8e6f35c4e15d094.jpg

In hindsight buying the Audi was a stupid idea. The trader gave me a trade in value of £500 less than I paid for it a few months ago so it could have been worse. Close to £10k up in the bank as well now.

Sure the interior is not the same quality, but I really enjoyed driving it. Has a reversing camera too, I think it has every single option ticked.

It's immaculate apart from a small chip on the bonnet which the trader is sorting for me.

Reversing camera. Still laughing at that.

Just have to work out if my iPod will plug into the unit or not, if not I may get another system installed.

Buys Audi, insisting better choice than F10, then decides to consider F10 again but trades Audi for a Honda. I don't think anyone saw that coming :eek:

Surprised you went for a petrol Accord though?

[TW]Fox;26893833 said:
Buys Audi, insisting better choice than F10, then decides to consider F10 again but trades Audi for a Honda. I don't think anyone saw that coming :eek:

Surprised you went for a petrol Accord though?

It's a 2.2 diesel.

I decided the £10k would be better off in a savings account rather than on a heavily depreciating exec car (due to 20k + per year).

Fox, my car choices never make sense.

Last edited:
My former neighbour has had a succesion of Accords as company cars, I always thought that shape accord and the one before were pretty decent looking machines. Sure the Audi is better but can understand why having ten grand in the bank instead would be worth considering.

Back
Top Bottom