Type R and VTEC owners

Is it just me or did they let a work experience student loose on Photoshop and release the image to the public?

My Facebook feed has been awash with people linking to the 'new type r concept' which is the same thing we all saw a few months back but with a few decals pasted on it.

I'm unsure why people are losing their **** over it again.

Agree, it looks the same to me, though I quite like the blue.

I'm also thoroughly annoyed that they keep calling it a concept.

yeah i get that the production model is about to be unveiled, but its the concept that is doing the rounds again. thats whats confusing to me.

IT'S REAL HNNGNNGNGNG.

EDIT: Like the fact that the rear disc/caliper is small and the front are massive! Rear wheelies anyone? Rear spoiler does not look like it incorporates any lights...

Last edited:
Detailing and graphics are way too fussy, prefer it in plain red or white. It doesn't need coloured bits, the detailing is already obvious/over styled enough as it is.

7k rpm recline too apparently, is that what counts for high revving now? Can't help but feel this will just be another heavy turbo fwd hatch with loads of electronics and gimmicky settings. Find it hard to get too excited by it to be honest.

I think I could live with a 7k rev limit if it pulled from very low down all the way up there - if it still has a vtec point but lowered to kick in around 4.5-5k it'd probably still retain that little bit of character

I really like the colour, graphics need ditched though - if they did move back to the non integrated spoiler after showing this for so long it'd be a bad move from Honda

Back
Top Bottom