Type R and VTEC owners

I'd take some usable power on the road over identity personally but that's just me. Biggest mistake I've made car wise getting my FN2 and no I wouldn't have been happy with an EP3 or S2000 either. That said, it's been a very reliable car so far so can't fault it, just wish it had a lot more low down and mid range power which turbo will provide.

You can't really know until it gets released, it may be high because they're expecting big demand and want to make some money or it may come with an exceptional warranty and free insurance. As has been pointed out the rest of the Hot Hatch turbo market is well established and may all be due for a refresh soon which may leave the Honda old hat. I cannot fathom the Civic being better, in any way than the 135i.

At 30k for the Civic the M135i, Golf R and S3 are not a million miles away in terms of £££ and they're all circa 300bhp shopping trolleys with 0-60 times of around 5 secs.

The M135i starts at about £30,800
The Golf R starts at about £29,900
The S3 starts at about £30,600

I guess the Civic will come with more kit as standard???

I think to be a valid choice it needs to be late 20's, around £28k to really contend with the Germans.

Can the M135i be optioned with a diff yet from BMW as it needs one! :D

Just to add here, even if this new crashed into Halfords barried up Civic ;) does beat the NSX round the ring, all I'm going to say is look at the tyres. ;)

The likes of Seat and Renault are using Michelin cup 2's to get these ring times, reality is on a standard road tyre they'd be much slower.

Of course Honda May not even make such claims, best to just wait and see but right now if I was in hot hatch market Focus RS just does something for me, love the looks even though at end of day it's just a Focus but Ford nailed it. :)

Everyone is so tightly wound about this.

So much aggression in the posts.

yeah. people vehemently defending cars they havent driven because of cars they havent driven.

time to chill out. especially when the only comeback is about spoilers that honda or honda subsidiary companies add to cars are added to cars.

so mad. over people being enthusiastic over a new car.

think about that for a second.

because people are enthusiastic. over a new car.

brilliant.

Just to add here, even if this new crashed into Halfords barried up Civic ;) does beat the NSX round the ring, all I'm going to say is look at the tyres. ;)

The likes of Seat and Renault are using Michelin cup 2's to get these ring times, reality is on a standard road tyre they'd be much slower.

Of course Honda May not even make such claims, best to just wait and see but right now if I was in hot hatch market Focus RS just does something for me, love the looks even though at end of day it's just a Focus but Ford nailed it. :)

I am glad you picked up on this point. A lot of these times are done with the most modern and best rubber money can buy. Totally discounting the fact that older cars done their times on older rubber falsely shows the newer cars better than the old.

not like we have been constantly mentioning the 25 year gap between the new ctr and the nsx for a few posts now. but the people who really understand the engineering behind it are ahead of the curve in this aspect.

not like we have been constantly mentioning the 25 year gap between the new ctr and the nsx for a few posts now. but the people who really understand the engineering behind it are ahead of the curve in this aspect.

I'm not even sure a 25 year gap is enough, on its own, to generate a front wheel drive hatchback that is more sporting than a mid engined supercar.

yeah. people vehemently defending cars they havent driven because of cars they havent driven.

time to chill out. especially when the only comeback is about spoilers that honda or honda subsidiary companies add to cars are added to cars.

comeback? Don't get confused and think Nathan is on the correct 'side' of any discussion. As ive added a fairly concise explaination of my opinion on the discussion I think think the onus of coherent point generation lies on the side of the Civic supporters. I'm Yet to see any salient points really, only the baiting thing at the start and some pretty outlandish remarks continued from Nathan. The only points declared is stuff from Honda who are keeping tight lipped about the actual car details. So we have conjecture vs acclaim.

I literally have no idea what the subsidiary thing is on about... And I know I haven't commented about spoilers.

Last edited:

I literally have syntax error trying to understand what you are saying here.

I'm not even sure what the metric we are discussing is, I hope not ring times.

Turbo hot hatches are boring on the road. The end.

It's gonna be faster than all the Hondas here.

What about if the driver is wearing his Captain obvious Cape?

Intrigued to now how many people in this thread have driven an NSX.

What were you hoping to gain from this comment Nathan.

I tend to struggle in this forum, I'm never sure if it's Nathan or rjk the points are exchanged with and then ultimately there's a bit of a ganging up effect as they look across at each other's screens. Ofetn spoilers the discussion. :p

Still, your right, we are looking forward to what Honda offer once it arrives.

Last edited:
comeback? Don't get confused and think Nathan is on the correct 'side' of any discussion. As ive added a fairly concise explaination of my opinion on the discussion I think think the onus of coherent point generation lies on the side of the Civic supporters. I'm Yet to see any salient points really, only the baiting thing at the start and some pretty outlandish remarks continued from Nathan. The only points declared is stuff from Honda who are keeping tight lipped about the actual car details. So we have conjecture vs acclaim.

I literally have no idea what the subsidiary thing is on about... And I know I haven't commented about spoilers.

comeback?

I couldn't care less what he thinks. I like the look of the car and what Honda are trying to do. you are very much the one with their knickers in a twist over a new car that neither of us intends to buy mon frere.

there has been no baiting. in fact, from what i remember, the crap posts began and ended which your name next to them.

the points declared by honda as you have rightly pointed out are none other than speculative. but you are so dismissive of them for reasons that you have failed entirely to back up in any way other than splurging a thesaurus all over my screen without actually saying a single relevant thing what so ever

I literally have syntax error trying to understand what you are saying here.

I'm not even sure what the metric we are discussing is, I hope not ring times.

Turbo hot hatches are boring on the road. The end.

literally? hopefully not metaphorically? who actually cares? apart from you and simon.

im alright then clearly as the s2000 is 90% of what the nsx can offer according to him so clearly the new ctr is not something i need to be concerned with given how it stacks up to the frankly unbeatable quarter of a century old 300bhp sports car that the manufacturer themselves have said it is comparable to.

What about if the driver is wearing his Captain obvious Cape?

What were you hoping to gain from this comment Nathan.

I tend to struggle in this forum, I'm never sure if it's Nathan or rjk the points are exchanged with and then ultimately there's a bit of a ganging up effect as they look across at each other's screens. Ofetn spoilers the discussion. :p

Still, your right, we are looking forward to what Honda offer once it arrives.

you.

you have a massive problem here. that is the thing. and it is something we have seen time and time again.

every time anyone has a differing opinion to you, you call them out for being in a clique.

newsflash. nobody is in a clique.

when people share the same opinion, then they will agree with eachother and have similar views.

we both like the look of the new car, we are both looking forward to seeing what it is capable of. you started the argument, you called us both out for having different views to yourself and you are the one continually quoting the same post to try and prove your point.

two people in a thread full of strangers like the look of a car that hasn't come out yet and this has caused you to have a massive fit.

think about that fact for a second.

Last edited:
[TW]Fox;27000129 said:
I'm not even sure a 25 year gap is enough, on its own, to generate a front wheel drive hatchback that is more sporting than a mid engined supercar.

I think sportier sums it up nicely.

Trying to claim which is best is too subjective. Might as well be comparing a plum with a banana.

Back
Top Bottom