Type R and VTEC owners

what would be the choice to go for on a low budget? my old accord is just starting to have creaks and rattles these days and the mrs won't drive it because of the size of it......... on the other hand i am pretty set on another honda because i have grown used to the gentle relaxing drive.....unless you hammer the hell out of it :D (budget about 6-8grand). So of course a newer accord is out of the question because she won't use that one either... What are the newish civics(aka 06plate) like?

what would be the choice to go for on a low budget? my old accord is just starting to have creaks and rattles these days and the mrs won't drive it because of the size of it......... on the other hand i am pretty set on another honda because i have grown used to the gentle relaxing drive.....unless you hammer the hell out of it :D (budget about 6-8grand). So of course a newer accord is out of the question because she won't use that one either... What are the newish civics(aka 06plate) like?

Very firm and not at all relaxing to drive unfortunately! They are good all round cars though

might just wait a bit longer till this one fails an mot.....then again i have said this for the past 4 years and it has only needed a tire and a windscreen wiper! bloody tank

6 to 8 grand and after a Honda, but the Accord is too big?

Integra* :p

*I may be biased...

6 to 8 grand isn't really a low budget though, so you should be able to get quite a bit for your money! I guess you're looking at FN2 civics? If so, they're a nice place to be in all honesty.

I guess you're looking at FN2 civics? If so, they're a nice place to be in all honesty.

"i am pretty set on another honda because i have grown used to the gentle relaxing drive"

I think the FN2 would probably be the worst car he could possibly buy! Followed closely by an integra :p

Last edited:
They're a totally unloved model so are likely to really struggle to sell - I'd be amazed if they were genuinely going for anything like that as it's not all that far off the Type R (outside of bonkers £6k asking examples) but significantly more than the likes of the 1.6 sport go for, which are more popular.

A very quick look on autotrader/ebay/pistonheads shows many Type S facelifts from anywhere between £1.8 and £2.5k asking. Mileage is irrelevant on these imo.

Yesterday I successfully changed my seized driver side rear caliper myself having never so much as taken a wheel off before. I didn't swear even once so I must having been doing something wrong. All seems well now, the passenger side will probably go next week.

CRmkOxu.jpg

Why do you think mileage is irrelevant? I'm really put off by something with 100k or so.

Looking at any other s type on auto trader with mileage around 60k they are asking £3-4k

Tricky stuff car buying.

They're pretty much bomb proof so there's no reason to be concerned by a higher mileage. In some cases it might actually be better to buy a car with say 100k that's just had a clutch than one at 65k that's probably been driven through town most of it's life.

Think about it, the youngest of these is now 9 years old. So if it's done say 100k it's still only covered 11.1k per annum throughout it's life.

A car that's on 60k has, at best done 6.5k miles average throughout its life - that's very likely to be someone driving around town all day which absolutely hammers lots of components.

If 40k miles less genuinely makes the car worth over £1k (or to put it another way up to 50%) more, then I'd have to question whether it buys you £1k less likely repairs - doubt it

Back
Top Bottom