Type R and VTEC owners

Crappy honda carriers. Both rubber covers split and seized solid. Caliper is fine as that was replaced a few years ago. Amazing how much different it feels with an unstuck caliper as you wouldn't think it makes much difference

cool :)

what about the center bit - does the new leather trim match or was that re-trimmed too?

It doesn't quite match as the middle will be a plasticy type material for the air bag, bit looks fine. Some.nice matt interior cleaner helps.

Will get some photos when she's all spick and span.

I think there's supposed to be a slight drop to the Type S - in reality I can tell no difference between the Type S, EX etc when driving. Only noticable when you go to the Type R with its brick filled ride (not that the others are brilliant).

What would you guys recommend for tyres (EP3)?

Probably have to buy a couple soon. Normally I just stick with the Potenzas but they're a bit pricey and I hardly do any miles/don't drive like an idiot (that often :)).

I think there's supposed to be a slight drop to the Type S - in reality I can tell no difference between the Type S, EX etc when driving. Only noticable when you go to the Type R with its brick filled ride (not that the others are brilliant).

That's what I thought too, they're all similar to look at but I've only driven the Type-R

Good to hear they're a slightly better ride than the Type-R its the main thing that's putting me off the Civic, otherwise the 1.8 is quite a good mix of economy and performance

What would you guys recommend for tyres (EP3)?

Probably have to buy a couple soon. Normally I just stick with the Potenzas but they're a bit pricey and I hardly do any miles/don't drive like an idiot (that often :)).
F1A2 for every day use. If you want something a little sportier then AD08R's.

Where the hell do these keep coming from?

My engine bay looks like a bomb site compared to that..

strut-bar-new.jpg

The AD08s on my FN2 are amazing in the Summer, you can carry so much more speed!

In the Winter I run the Potenza RE050a, the difference is rather noticeable. Once the temps start to drop and the days are wetter than they are dry.. the AD08s are difficult to switch on, and don't really inspire much confidence. They also cause muchos butt clenching when you come round a corner and hit standing water!

The AD08s on my FN2 are amazing in the Summer, you can carry so much more speed!

In the Winter I run the Potenza RE050a, the difference is rather noticeable. Once the temps start to drop and the days are wetter than they are dry.. the AD08s are difficult to switch on, and don't really inspire much confidence.

Same with the EP3. It's a pretty awful car to drive in the wet tbh. Would like a set of tyres that are good for winter.

I've run quite a few sets of AD08s down now and can honestly say I've never had any issue with wet, cold, or standing water. I'm not just blinkered either, I've run on Eagle F1AS2 and BS RE002 inbetween too. For every day driving there's no discernible difference to any other tyre, that is the whole philosophy behind them really.

The only time I didn't like the AD08's was below 3mm, but that's pretty standard accross all tyres.

I still maintain that the F1A2 is a fantastic all round tyre, it can be a little soft, yes, but it's cold/wet performance is superb. I ran them in the winter and I ran the AD08 in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom